Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mines of Moria from Play

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh neat... And it comes with the lifetime subscription offer again... I missed out on that the last two times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 fergusm76

Well after playing for 17 months, I can definitely say that lifetime membership has paid for itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

lol, I love this bit:
    #
    # Gold* "One Ring" in Velvet** Pouch

and down the bottom
    *Please note the ring is gold in colour and not made of gold
    **Please note the velvet pouch is made of velveteen material

Damn. Next they're going to tell us that it's not actually the "one ring"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JesterWX

Just got a mail from Play.com. MoM is on its way. Can't wait!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Same as, looking forward to it. Its coming just in time because I was in danger of actually hitting the level cap, this should hold me off for another few years :)

• Advertisement

Play.com send you emails now?

I've never gotten an email from them in regards to shipping.

Well hopefully mine is in the post too then.

Haven't played in a long while... but I think I'll go with the life time subscription offer... so I'll be seeing you all in Middle Earth rather soon hopefully.

Excellent, make sure you're on snowy.
    Lister's on all the time :p and I'm on most of teh time when I can escape from minding the rugrats.

Must get OH to check his email to see if his has been shipped. Oh the excitement. Altho with Wrath of theLich King they only posted to me day before yesterday so definitely didn't have it for launch yesterday

Not to worry.

Huzzah, It seems for once in their lives play have actually delivered a disc on time !

Now to locate a fast mirror for the patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Play.com let me down. Should be here tomorrow as its showing as posted.

Give us a shout Monkeyfudge for a kininvite. Will find me on Handlebar, Blister, Blostor or Inthe.

• Advertisement

Must say I'm liking the little of moria that I saw last night.

I'm more a creep play person, so thats where I checked first.

The OC is nice and fortified now, though I didn't think to check EC I'd assume its buffed up as well. All the npcs are now 58+, so you're looking at been rank 60 before you can safely goto the moors.

The map seems a little bigger as well, with new routes leading out of Grams to Dg and one from GV to Ost.

You'll be happy to head lister that there are a few new skills for us r6 wargs (about 3 new attacks, one dot, one which avoids armour etc), plus about 6 new passive traits you can get on the off if you have 42k dp available.

Still no sign of my game but I let the updates run over night so I should be able to get on later at least. Should be able to check out the moors and might give you a hand in Forchel to hit 50 on your captain if we have time.

Well I'm heading out for dinner right after work, but once I get home I can check with you and if you haven't got your install sorted I'll drop the discs down to you.

Mine arrived this morning anyway.

Don't know when I'll get on though.

humanji wrote: »
    Damn. Next they're going to tell us that it's not actually the "one ring"!

The ring is actually pretty awesome. Looks a bit like a wedding ring though.

I'm totally going to wear it out this weekend. Chicks will think I'm married and are bound to start hitting on me.

ROFL

Mine arrived Monday. Had to go into work on Tuesday for training, but dind't sleep so woke at 4:30. At about 6ish the started applying the patches. Was all ready for me when I returned home. Loving it so far, it's like a maze in there. Easy to wander around and get lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JesterWX

Got it installed and patched last night just in time as I arrived back From Croke Park. Played for an hour or so. completed 2 Qs in Angmar (great to see xps clocking up again). Then I picked up the Qs to go visit the new parts of the map. So that's where I hope to head tonight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Enjoying it as well, except for b15c12 :eek: 6 wipes

I see they pulled the lifetime subscription offer.

The feckers. That was pretty much the only reason I got the limited edition pack.

The feckers. That was pretty much the only reason I got the limited edition pack.

You sure, I'd find it hard to berlieve they would do such a thing....

• Advertisement

Lister1 wrote: »
    You sure, I'd find it hard to berlieve they would do such a thing....

Not on the description any more:

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/6615284/The-Lord-Of-The-Rings-Online-Mines-Of-Moria-Play-com-Exclusive-Special-Edition/Product.html

I'm pretty sure it was still there up until last week at least.

You should still be able to find it on the cog account screen where you update your subscription.

Still aint spotted you online btw...!

Not on the description any more:

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/6615284/The-Lord-Of-The-Rings-Online-Mines-Of-Moria-Play-com-Exclusive-Special-Edition/Product.html

I'm pretty sure it was still there up until last week at least.

I'm guessing it was because it was a pre-order offer

fergusm76 wrote: »
    I'm guessing it was because it was a pre-order offer

Ordered back in September.

Anyone playing the add-on? I'm curious as to what it's like.

Well I'm playing, but I've not yet tried the new high level stuff. I'm currently working my way up with a warden one of the new classes added.
    They've also changed the ettenmoors a good bit, though it'll take a bit of time to see how that works since we'll need to give the freeps time to get to 60 before they come back in force.

All in all its looking good and most people I've talked to are pleased with the expansion.

humanji wrote: »
    Anyone playing the add-on? I'm curious as to what it's like.

Hey Humaji. Have got my champ up to 56 and enjoying the mines. There is little content/changes for anyone who does not have a high level toon(unless you wish to rolll a runekeeper/warden) so maybe try leveling again before you think of buying the upgrade.

I actually picked it up. I'm too easily swayed. :D

I had a shot at the two new classes. Not too pushed on the Runekeeper, but the warden was fun to play. I like the gambit mechanic. I've started playing my high level character again and realised I haven't a f*cking clue anymore how to play this game (and I didn't have much of a clue to start with!). It's slowly coming back to me though.

MonkeyFudge, I think the life-time subscription thing is only for those who got the founders edition of the original release and didn't choose the lifetime subscription at that time. When I opened my sub for this again, it gave me the option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Well I'm playing, but I've not yet tried the new high level stuff. I'm currently working my way up with a warden one of the new classes added.
    They've also changed the ettenmoors a good bit, though it'll take a bit of time to see how that works since we'll need to give the freeps time to get to 60 before they come back in force.

All in all its looking good and most people I've talked to are pleased with the expansion.
    I like the expansion, but had to up the gamma as I couldnt see shít and ran off a very very tall cliff within about 5 mins of entering the mines

I think there is going to have to be serious rebalancing of the creeps because the freeps will wipe the floor with them .. We have several lvl 60 huntards in kin who hit 4k on a critical hit every now and again ... 2k+ crit usually though. Even my Captain is doing the odd 1k crit with the quest legendary halberd (32.something dps).

Also, got my stairs boots today :)

• Advertisement

Try following the instructions below. Also whats your new characters name? Have been looking out for mongoling but he is never on....

How do I set up my lifetime membership?
    (Last updated: 01-12-2008 16:20:44)
    PLEASE NOTE: These instructions are referring to the new lifetime membership option available within the Codemasters Player Account System and NOT the Founder's nor Moria pre-order lifetime offers.

If you have an active payment agreement to the game, in order to take advantage of the Lifetime Membership options you must follow these simple steps:

1. Log into the Codemasters Online Player Account System at www.codemasters.com/cog.

2. Cancel your current payment plan.

3. *If Applicable* Wait until the remainder of your paid time is up.

4. Select Re-Activate/Make Payment

5. Select ‘Single Instant Payment’

6. Select either Paypal or WorldPay

7. Select ‘Lifetime Membership’

8. Pay and Play forever!

That’s it! You’re now free to play The Lord of the Rings Online for as long as the game is active.

New players must enter their retail key as per usual, select to create a payment option and then follow the steps above from number 5 onwards.

Advertisement