Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband - Hats off to them!

Options
  • 19-09-2008 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Now here is how broadband should work...

Called Irish broadband yesterday morning to order wireless broadband for our offices in oranmore, galway and sligo - the 3meg up/down pack. Got a call this morning to tell me the tech guys would be there (galway) after lunch. Low and behold, they just left, broadband installed!:D:D:D

An awful pity this country is run by thick slapped arse-faced farmers who believe everything should take weeks to do ( not looking at any particular national telecoms company:rolleyes:)

Fair play Irish Broadband!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Now I await complaints about their nternet. :)
    Their cheapo deals are shocking robbery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

But what speeds are you getting?Its all good saying they installed it in seconds but their service could be "install it quick and give the 50% of there connction speed" or something :pac:

Nice sevice though it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Or maybe they are just not busy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

ricky91t wrote: »
    But what speeds are you getting?Its all good saying they installed it in seconds but their service could be "install it quick and give the 50% of there connction speed" or something :pac:

Nice sevice though it seems

Used it before did just under 2meg up/down.About 12ms ping to boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Do they do broadband in sligo????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

fastcom in sligo too

fastcom in sligo too

don't mention the war

are they dire for you for css too? I always get lag spikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Dabko wrote: »
    Now here is how broadband should work...

Called Irish broadband yesterday morning to order wireless broadband for our offices in oranmore, galway and sligo - the 3meg up/down pack. Got a call this morning to tell me the tech guys would be there (galway) after lunch. Low and behold, they just left, broadband installed!:D:D:D

An awful pity this country is run by thick slapped arse-faced farmers who believe everything should take weeks to do ( not looking at any particular national telecoms company:rolleyes:)

Fair play Irish Broadband!

Shows how quiet they are, sittin there waitin for the fone to ring. Not a good sign.

BTW, do a speedtest at both peak & offpeak times and post it here before you praise them, this is what counts.

• Advertisement

are they dire for you for css too? I always get lag spikes.

yeppppppppppp and its the only net i can get :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭CaraFawn

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Shows how quiet they are, sittin there waitin for the fone to ring. Not a good sign.

BTW, do a speedtest at both peak & offpeak times and post it here before you praise them, this is what counts.

No wonder why they got bought out by a new comer, Imagine.ie
    The sales are now handled by Imagine.ie in full, you do not deal with IBB sales guys anymore, they must have been let go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CaraFawn wrote: »
    No wonder why they got bought out by a new comer, Imagine.ie
    The sales are now handled by Imagine.ie in full, you do not deal with IBB sales guys anymore, they must have been let go.

Yes you do, no they weren't. Besides sales have absolutely nothing to do with the schedulers who actually handle the installs and organise the teams themselves.

There was probably just a team in the area going to do a callout on a customer's connection that day or something and they were able to fit the OP in for an install, that's all.

Achilles wrote: »
    Yes you do, no they weren't.

Not sure what you mean here?

As a matter of fact Imagine now handles IBB sales and yes that is because IBB just bought by Imagine.
    Imagine also manages support for all other IBB products than IBB Fixed Wireless.

You were probably not aware, but that's ok, things are going fast nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I take it he means that yes, you do get through to IBB sales, and no, they weren't all let go.

Just because the person answering the phone says "Good morning, Imagine Broadband, how can I help you?", doesn't mean that same person wasn't saying "Good morning, Irish Broadband, how can I help you?" a month ago. The sales and support people could easily have been told to just substitute the word "Imagine" for "Irish", and you're done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ever heard of a call centre, they go by a script, they don't care if you ring regarding the stupid travel voucher you got or that your looking for broadband from Irish Broadband, they'll be nice to you anyway, its their job.

Are you guys answering on the behalf of Achilles?
    I hope no :-)

I stated Imagine physically handles sales calls and support calls for IBB now, except support for Fixed Wireless because they do not have the skills yet.

This is the case, end of story.

As for IBB sales guys I should not care less, their past failures has just paid off. I am not gonna cry for them.

As for the rest I have no idea what you are talking about and what are your theories and average Call Center knowledge doing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

As a matter of fact Imagine now handles IBB sales and yes that is because IBB just bought by Imagine.
    Imagine also manages support for all other IBB products than IBB Fixed Wireless.

Whilst people from Imagine sales are now answering some of the IBB calls the IBB sales staff are still there. Also Imagine staff are NOT handling IBB tech calls, the guys from IBB are still doing that.

I probably wasn't aware? Funny that seeing as I work for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

More speculation. What are your sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

I stated Imagine physically handles sales calls and support calls for IBB now, except support for Fixed Wireless because they do not have the skills yet.

This is the case, end of story.

As for IBB sales guys I should not care less, their past failures has just paid off. I am not gonna cry for them.

As for the rest I have no idea what you are talking about and what are your theories and average Call Center knowledge doing here.

LOL :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yes, why?

In your other post, you never qualified the fixed wireless situation, so that's not what you said previously, and that's why I questioned your statement as Perlico tech support engineers would probably have no idea how to support Breeze issues.
    Achilles wrote:
    I probably wasn't aware? Funny that seeing as I work for them...
    This is the case

Obviously not.

Advertisement