Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline landing in Dublin on Thurs 19th at 18:55

• 19-09-2008 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭

I was going past Dublin Airport yesterday (Thursday) at about 18:55. As I was going past a flight landed that I did not recognise the logo on the tail of the plane, so was curious as to what it was. However, on looking at flightstats it does not seem to be listed.

I was jogging towards and past the airport along the Swords Road, so saw a few flights land....the order of the fllights I saw was:
    - Air France
    - Ryanair
    - Etihad
    - <flight I don't recognise>
    - Ryanair

However, whilst flightstats lists all the others that I saw, it omits the one I don't recognise.

It seemed to be a passenger plane (i.e. it had windows!). Any ideas?

(Sorry - title should be Thurs 18th)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Was it an Airbus? Boeing etc?

There was a Palistinian 737 in yesterday and a Russian govt IL96

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Peckham

Can't remember if it was an airbus or boeing - but it looked reasonably similar to the Eithad that landed just before it.

The livery on the plane looked similar to Singapore Airlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Gulf Air 767

Landed 18:47 local, taxied up towards the SR technics side of the airport

Gulf Air 767

Landed 18:47 local, taxied up towards the SR technics side of the airport

Thanks - I thought of this last night - i.e. that it was probably in for repairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

mystery solved :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

800px-Gulfair.a340.arp.jpg

Look like this??

Tail might have looked like that, although I don't think it said Gulf Air on it, as I hopefully would have been able to identify it then! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Did it have windows on the side? Did it look like a passenger aircraft? Gulf air cargo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Them gulf air 767's are in a heap. Very nice Gulf Air A330 with F1 livery in SR hangar 5 at the moment.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

FOGOFUNK wrote: »
    Them gulf air 767's are in a heap. Very nice Gulf Air A330 with F1 livery in SR hangar 5 at the moment.

Must try to get a pic of this. Spotted it in CDG recently and its quite eye catching.

Could the OP have seen a Gulf Traveller B767 landing. I know ther have been quite a few of these at the SR hanger over tha last few months. ALong with privately owned gulf aircraft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

when i worked with aviance as a dispatcher alot of the gulf AC were going there to be scrapped with some being repaired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Antoprey

Surveying Plane? Passenger plane with a blue coloured logo on the tail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Antoprey wrote: »
    Surveying Plane? Passenger plane with a blue coloured logo on the tail?

I was going to post here yesterday asking the same question! Saw it take off on saturday afternoon and land within 15 mins again. Rotated very early down 28 so figured it must have been very light. 767? 75% White with navy tail and gold emblem :confused:

Advertisement