Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant login to website or game? (17:28 Friday)

• 19-09-2008 5:29pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've checked the website and while the servers were down today they are all reported to be up now.

However, i just registered, got the mail and verified my account, went to log in and it refuses authentication.

The website username and password box are greyed out and unresponsive too. Is anyone else having this problem?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

login system would appear to be down on their website and in game... :mad:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

They had time to change the website to grey out the boxes and what not, but not to put a post up on their front page? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the headsup, I thought I was doing something wrong. I should never have doubted myself :p

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    They had time to change the website to grey out the boxes and what not, but not to put a post up on their front page? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the headsup, I thought I was doing something wrong. I should never have doubted myself :p

DeV.

Login on the website has been down since the server DT earlier today, game was working less about an hour ago though.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You'd think they could give a better error message then "authentication failure" and then tell you you've had three chances and refuse to do any more!

Anyway, hopefully it will be back soon.

DeV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Phew, i was worried that i would be able to login when i get home in an hour and a half. Have they fixed the scenario's yet? Get those magic hands ready R0ot...

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Phew, i was worried that i would be able to login when i get home in an hour and a half. Have they fixed the scenario's yet? Get those magic hands ready R0ot...

Yore ma said I could take the night off tonight to give her a break from my magic hands. :pac: (sorry won't be around tonight got an Eve event going on)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Kiith wrote: »
    Get those magic hands ready R0ot...

Durty. :D

Since I havent logged in yet (only just got the game)... I dont know if its my account details or the servers that are at fault when I try... (it just gives me a generic "this didnt work" error).

Can someone post here when the login servers are back up? ta!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Heh - seems we'll be social to one another again then Dev ;)

Lemme know server/faction and tell the terrible .c to join in while we're at it :)

Login seems sorted, now just the queues.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've checked the website and while the servers were down today they are all reported to be up now.

However, i just registered, got the mail and verified my account, went to log in and it refuses authentication.

The website username and password box are greyed out and unresponsive too. Is anyone else having this problem?

DeV.

The login on the website is deliberately down to reduce server load. The reg and code buttons on the left fulfil all currently needed functions to play the game.

The authentication servers are up, I've just logged in to get a new 8 meg patch.

Still not working for me, I've registered a second account to see if something went splat with the first during their down time. Already fairly hacked off with war-europe.com and their unclear and idiotic registration process... I created a "username" and a "nickname" as requested, then they persent a "login" box... clever boys!

DeV.

Nope, still b0rked for me. I'll post up a few screenies or if there is a ventrilo server somewhere I can jump onto that and see if I'm really being dumb or if my copy of the game is "special".

DeV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Still not working for me, I've registered a second account to see if something went splat with the first during their down time. Already fairly hacked off with war-europe.com and their unclear and idiotic registration process... I created a "username" and a "nickname" as requested, then they persent a "login" box... clever boys!

DeV.

When you reg a new account, you should receive a validation email with a needed link. Until the account is validated it can't be used. I added my CE code to my account just an hour or so ago, so things are working. Did you use a hotmail account?

I got the mail, clicked the link and got the verification webpage on both accounts I created :(

DeV.

I got the mail, clicked the link and got the verification webpage on both accounts I created :(

DeV.

If the accounts validated okay, then you need to add the game serial key using the code option on the frontpage.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Anyone having issues with their CD key? Not too worried for now because of the 2 week grace period but I thought I might aswell reg my key while I waited for the game to install and patch but I got an email saying my key was invalid, tried a few more times making sure I didn't type it in wrong and same deal.

whatduck wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with their CD key? Not too worried for now because of the 2 week grace period but I thought I might aswell reg my key while I waited for the game to install and patch but I got an email saying my key was invalid, tried a few more times making sure I didn't type it in wrong and same deal.

Some of the printing is really awkward. The 2's look oddly like Z's.

You mean this page?
    http://www.war-europe.com/#/activation/?lang=en

I dont have any special edition or anything (at least I didnt order any... I walked into town and bought it today over the counter. )

the back of the manual reads: 157-SE-MCOUK .. which i am guessing refers to Standard Edition.

Anyway, I stuffed in it there with my first account details and it accepted that though it looks like a simple mail form to me so I doubt it does anything.

So far, this is a load of cack. :(

DeV.

You mean this page?
    http://www.war-europe.com/#/activation/?lang=en

I dont have any special edition or anything (at least I didnt order any... I walked into town and bought it today over the counter. )

the back of the manual reads: 157-SE-MCOUK .. which i am guessing refers to Standard Edition.

Anyway, I stuffed in it there with my first account details and it accepted that though it looks like a simple mail form to me so I doubt it does anything.

So far, this is a load of cack. :(

DeV.

The needed code is of the form 6 - 5 - 4 -5 -4 -6 and probably begins with something like WARSEA.

• Advertisement

Yep, I recognised the key alright, I just thought that that other code might shed some light on things.

I believe I might have sorted it. I will explain what happened.

When you register your account you will get an email that says this:
    Once you have confirmed your registration by clicking on the button, you can log onto the portal with your login and password, and access the Subscription section to set up your account. You can also log onto the game. The login and password are the same for both the portal and the game.

this is a total fncking lie :)
    You CANNOT login into the website at the moment. And you CANNOT log into the game EVEN AFTER YOU HAVE CLICKED THE LINK. There is another step they dont mention (bizarrely!)

You need to go back to the website and click the CODE button and fill in that form. This will MAIL your key to them and they seem to be hand authenticating them so it will take 10-15 minutes for them to send you confirmation that your account is finally FULLY set up.

When you type in your key, be very careful of D's which look like 0's, U's that look like V's and other gotchas.

Looks like i'm patching up now and shouldnt have any more problems.
    DeV.

Yep, I recognised the key alright, I just thought that that other code might shed some light on things.

I believe I might have sorted it. I will explain what happened.

When you register your account you will get an email that says this:
    Once you have confirmed your registration by clicking on the button, you can log onto the portal with your login and password, and access the Subscription section to set up your account. You can also log onto the game. The login and password are the same for both the portal and the game.

this is a total fncking lie :)
    You CANNOT login into the website at the moment. And you CANNOT log into the game EVEN AFTER YOU HAVE CLICKED THE LINK. There is another step they dont mention (bizarrely!)

You need to go back to the website and click the CODE button and fill in that form. This will MAIL your key to them and they seem to be hand authenticating them so it will take 10-15 minutes for them to send you confirmation that your account is finally FULLY set up.

When you type in your key, be very careful of D's which look like 0's, U's that look like V's and other gotchas.

Looks like i'm patching up now and shouldnt have any more problems.
    DeV.

The normal site functions should be returned shortly. But if you're patching you're sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Thanks for this. Had been experiencing the same problems, was ready to put my fist through the screen :p

Patching still stuck at 0% though :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Spear wrote: »
    If the accounts validated okay, then you need to add the game serial key using the code option on the frontpage.

That's what had me spitting feathers last night. They really could have made it clearer.

That's what had me spitting feathers last night. They really could have made it clearer.

In the long run the links and instructions will work, it's just these first few days of launch. The alternative is to have a totally hosed system like at the open beta launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Is it possible to set up a subscription yet with a credit card?
    I installed the ce yesterday,was given this link to log onto http:"//www.war-europe.com/#/?lang=en" ,but cant seem to find any place to log into to get into my account.

Mthor5 wrote: »
    Is it possible to set up a subscription yet with a credit card?
    I installed the ce yesterday,was given this link to log onto http:"//www.war-europe.com/#/?lang=en" ,but cant seem to find any place to log into to get into my account.

No, the ability to add credit cards isn't there and it isn't needed for another 4 weeks.

Advertisement