Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big 4 pay

• 19-09-2008 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

I know this topic has likely been covered many times but just wondering what the pay i slike the whole way through the ranks in the Big 4?
    i.e. After 1st/2nd/3rd year trainee, post qual/manager/director/partner (I know partner depends on earnings of the business but rough idea).
    And is there much difference between tax and audit?
    Thanks for any help

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

24-26k in first year.

I've heard +4-6k in second year and third year, depending on exam results and performance reviews.

Around 45-55k upon becoming chartered.

After that, I dunno. I would be interested to hear what partners in small, medium and large firms are making on average tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Hanley wrote: »
    24-26k in first year.

I've heard +4-6k in second year and third year, depending on exam results and performance reviews.

Around 45-55k upon becoming chartered.

After that, I dunno. I would be interested to hear what partners in small, medium and large firms are making on average tho!

Id also be very interested to know.

I have asked before though and nobody seems to know so Id be surprised if you get an answer.

RE: the second and third year increases....does it depend on just passing the exam or do you actually get more the better you do in the exam?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Babybing wrote: »
    Id also be very interested to know.

I have asked before though and nobody seems to know so Id be surprised if you get an answer.

RE: the second and third year increases....does it depend on just passing the exam or do you actually get more the better you do in the exam?

I can only go on what I've been told here, but I believe there is a "base" increase each year which everyone gets, tho some people will get more for bettter results and stronger performance reviews.

I'd like to see even a ballpark figure for partners in small-mid tier firms, I woulda guessed 150-200k maybe. If audit directors are on 80-100k, the partners must be far ahead.

All speculation on my part tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

I have been told on here and by others who have trained in a Big 4 that there is usually 5-6k base increase for everyone who passes his/her exams. Also, that it could be 7-9k total after considering work and exam performance.

Like Hanely stated, this is all word of mouth. I won't know until next year since I just started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

Thanks for the replies. I would be v.interested in the post qualification grades as figures for these don't seem to be banged around so much. Somebody suggested to be partners in the big 4 earn 500k easy but I think this may have just been a guess. I saw in an article in a papr the other day (can't remember which) that partners earn 300k, but it didn't give indication of the size of firm they were talking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I'm guessing here but I imagine

just qualified would be €50k+
    senior manager €60k+
    directors up to €100k - €150k
    partners somewhere in the region of €220k-€300k

I could be way off with these figures, probably am:D

Advertisement