Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY Abroad

• 19-09-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

ok so off to a villa with satellite tv, am going to take my card from my sky hd box just in case as it might be a sky system (this worked out great at a villa I was at last year)

however since last year I have upgraded to sky hd , will this card work in a regular sky SD box?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Should work if there's a working Sky box there, you won't get movies or sports (if you subscribe to them) on the other box unless you call sky. Also as far as I know your HD box won't do recordings whole you're away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Also depends on where you are and which satellite the dish is pointing at.... If your in the sout of spain u nees a 1.5-2M dish to receive sky chans, I think the sky cards and receivers are paired too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Advertisement