Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eggs we cannot identify

Options
  • 19-09-2008 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

We found these eggs in the garden today beside our patio on an area of grass that had been killed with a gallup weed killer containing glyphosat acid

Anyone have any idea what these are? We didn't like the look of them & there were thousands - so we poured petrol on them & set fire to the lot. They did not burn very well as they are obviously full of water - will need a second go!

We live in Dublin and have never seen anything like this before! Any help gratefully appreciated!

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

mmmm.. looks like the eggs of a Dilldo Fly. Youre gonna have some fun getting rid of those!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

Anyone have any idea what these are? We didn't like the look of them & there were thousands - so we poured petrol on them & set fire to the lot. They did not burn very well as they are obviously full of water - will need a second go!

Sometimes I despair. I really hope you were joking.
    Improve the drainage in that area as you have a touch of algae.
    Google "lawn algae" for more info.
    Ding Dong wrote:
    mmmm.. looks like the eggs of a Dilldo Fly. Youre gonna have some fun getting rid of those!

Helpful. How are your chillis getting on with the greenfly?
    Any luck with the reply you received.....

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

washed the chilli plant down with the hose and the greenfly seems to have dissapeared ok. Got a spray solution for the greenfly on the geraniums, but it doesnt seem to be as successful. I think I may need to bring them out and give them a blast with the hose too. Bit dissapointed with the solution really. Cost €10 and the ol' hose did a quicker fix really! Thanks for the advice!

Advertisement