Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 usb data modem - how do I install original firmware?

Options
  • 19-09-2008 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have updated my 3 data modem (white model E220 HUAWEI) with the incorrect firmware. How do I reload the original firmware that came with the modem? I have copied the files from another 3 data modem but Im not sure how to copy these on to mine, as it shows in my computer as a cd drive.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

in short...you cant.

It's strange that the E220 let you flash the wrong firmware on to it. What exactly is the problem? It could be as simple as just adding the 3 APN to the new software, and it would work.

Post what the exact error message is and il tell you what to do.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Current firmware
    currentfirmwarehh6.th.jpgthpix.gif

Logo when application launches
    3logozr3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Detecting Wireless Device
    detectingwirelessdevicevp2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Device Unavailable
    unavailablels3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Im trying to install this on Vista
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Loobz wrote: »
    Current firmware
    currentfirmwarehh6.th.jpgthpix.gif

That's not the firmware.

You need to get the firmware, from 3, and install it to the modem. You can't copy firmware from one modem to another, and you can't copy the software files onto one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'd say that's just a driver issue as the card itself shouldn't be showing up as a mass storage device.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

AFAIK the H220 has a 12mb EEROM on it which mounts to the system like a drive and contains the drivers, UI and interface software, there is also regular firmware too. these autoload when you connect the modem.

For some reason the three version will let you load up anyone elses drivers etc (Huawei, 02, Vodafone, 3 Austria etc) but won't reload the Three Ireland ones.

The other drivers will work with the modem, you just need to set the APN to 3ireland.ie (I think). then it should run just fine.

I use the Huawei mobile connect software or sometimes MWcon (when I'm feeling more daring :)) which run just as well and give you a download graph as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Mlo wrote: »
    AFAIK the H220 has a 12mb EEROM on it which mounts to the system like a drive and contains the drivers, UI and interface software, there is also regular firmware too.

For some reason the three version will let you load up anyone elses drivers etc (Huawei, 02, Vodafone, 3 Austria etc) but won't reload the Three Ireland ones.

The other drivers will work fine with the modem, you just need to set the APN to 3ireland.ie (I think). then it should run just fine.

I use the Huawei mobile connect software or sometimes MWcon (when I'm feeling more daring :)) which run just as well and give you a download graph as well.

I didn't realise that, my apologies.

Advertisement