Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC employee's abducted by aliens???

Options
  • 19-09-2008 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi all,

Been trying to order the 20Meg connection from UPC but apparently they no longer exist:

- Ordered online on September 2nd
    - Requested installation on September 12th (Seemed reasonable)
    - September 12th passed without any contact from UPC
    - Tried ringing them twice couldn't get through
    - Sent an email
    - 7 more days drifted past
    - Emailed Customer Hate...I mean Care...no response
    - Tried calling again but couldn't listen to anymore classical music

So far I have recieved two automated emails and that's it.
    And I thought BT was bad...UPC have achieved a whole new level of incompetence.

Should I just pay the extra and go with Smart?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Try ringing again ... emails seem to go unnswered with UPC but never had a problem with there call centers

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

Got through after an eternity on the phone.

After all this bollox I can't even get UPC Broadband in my apartment on the South Terrace in Cork City...pretty much City centre.

Ringing Smart ASAP...refuse to go back to BT or Eircon.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Got through after an eternity on the phone.

After all this bollox I can't even get UPC Broadband in my apartment on the South Terrace in Cork City...pretty much City centre.

Ringing Smart ASAP...refuse to go back to BT or Eircon.

Good call, your pretty close to the quaker exchange so should get some decent speeds there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I sent them an email asking if broadband was available in my area and I got a reply back, took a couple of days though.

I still haven't recieved an email reply so all in all they can go feck themselves. I gave UPC enough time and enough emails for them to at least email me back to say, "sorry but your apartment cannot get Broadband".

May as well make use of that Cable connection though...Ebay here I come;)

I just have to get the phoneline reconnected but I'm praying it passes Smart's Line test otherwise I'm fecked. I refuse to pay for any of the Wireless services, none of them are worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

May as well make use of that Cable connection though...Ebay here I come;)

You do realise that is theft and not theft of service? I wouldn't post things like that here.
    I just have to get the phoneline reconnected but I'm praying it passes Smart's Line test otherwise I'm fecked. I refuse to pay for any of the Wireless services, none of them are worth it.

Digiweb Metro is good. I've never used any other wireless providers but have heard they're dodgy, Metro is good.

Ya probably shouldn't have posted that:o

Got a reply there today, a whole month after applying online. Good job I phoned up instead of waiting for an email or callback.
    Told me they could not meet the date for installation due to my address not been on their system...well that and the necessity for a time machine to go back to September 12th.

Lesson learned never get any service from UPC, Chorus, NTL, etc.

Smart will be getting my money as soon as my phone line is in.

Advertisement