Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€30 Phone Credit from 4 Star Pizza with €20 Purchase

• 19-09-2008 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this in the window of the Sligo branch.. so not sure if it's nationwide but it said you could get €30 credit for any network when you spent €20 or more (don't think it had to be on a specific pizza).

Excellent value all the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Ann O'Leary must have lost her marbles or this is a local offer coming out of the pocket of the local franchise owner...

MC

FYI Ann O'Leary is the owner of the 4Star Pizza brand in Ireland and I have had the dubious pleasure of meeting said same brand owner.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Might get a four star tomorrow so. Cheers, Basquille. Did it give any end date for the promotion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

I assume this is collection only?
    As above, anyone know the expiry date on this offer?
    Also, how is it done, do you get a top up slip, or is it automatic? Will this count for free calls and texts?

So many questions....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've a feeling it's Sligo branch only.. as the more I think about it. It was a poor hand written sign (not even printed!).

No idea on any conditions or expiry date AC.

But... but.. that'd be dishonest?! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

anybody paying full price for a pizza is being ripped off. There are ALWAYS offers on pizza, never see them for other takeaways much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Win! :D:pac:
    Anyone ever use their tesco reciepts for mcD's 2 for 1 offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

So if you want credit ring up 4 Star .. and throw it in the bin when it arrives. You've just got a tenner free??? What am I missing here ???

Update on this.. girlfriend is subscribed to their SMS service and got this from them yesterday:
    Get €30 Mobile call credit for nothing with MobyCool. Buy any 12" Pizza, Wedges & Coke for just €19.95 @ Four Star Sligo
    Me thinks it's using this website to claim credit!

Indeed.. but at least:
    To leave, STOP to 57030.

But God knows how much that text will cost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

So basically its just a scam....right??

Don't see it as a scam.. I mean you still get €30 credit for the price of a pizza.. just remember to unsubscribe from their weekly text service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Someone test it first... and let us know! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 -Flex-

I'd say it's a bit sly and will catch a few people out all right but if you opt out of the the content club and promotional database I'd say it's completely legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 John1984

This certainly isn't the case in cork city collected pizza last night and there was no offer up only 16 inch pizza for €13.95 So i dont think i get 30 yoyo's of credit there that was on washington street

Crazy old one there shouting your putting too much on the pizza to the new guy i said let him alone and smiled at her.

Def not in cork anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

John1984 wrote: »
    This certainly isn't the case in cork city collected pizza last night and there was no offer up only 16 inch pizza for €13.95 So i dont think i get 30 yoyo's of credit there that was on washington street

Crazy old one there shouting your putting too much on the pizza to the new guy i said let him alone and smiled at her.

Def not in cork anyway

Are you kidding me, Seamus isn't stupid ya know, think he'd give free money away like that...

To answer a poster above about saying you have a voucher but don't, the policy is if the customer is a regular then fine up to a point, the shop can tell if you have pulled this scam before as the IT system records everything you have ever ordered but if you are not a regular then you can offer them to pay for the two pizzas at the same price even if they are different or if they won't then they only get the one pizza at the price on the label and you bring the other one back to either eaten by US or given away usually to a nearby shop (as this promotes 4Star as a generious company :rolleyes:)

MCn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

OK just signed up with a spare o2 sim i had, (Good Ol Free Sims)

You don't need a 4 Star voucher of any sorts. After u sign up u get a pin code and a text telling u to send a Stamped Addressed Envelope to somewhere in bray with your mobile no. and pin.

Ill send it off tomorrow and see what happens!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Excuse the pun but sounds like theres no such thing as a free lunch!!

Advertisement