Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could never go out with single parent

Options
  • 19-09-2008 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi everyone,

I have been going out with a single dad for a year now and despite people tellin me that they 'could never go out with someone who has a child' i am happy despite some things.

these are not selfish things like wanting us to go out on a saturday night and bein unable to because he has his son. he gets him 2nights a week. is there anyone out there that can honestly say that the hardest thing,as a woman, is loving the child and knowin they are not yours. i felt great saddness when he started school and i wasnt part of the joy of it. christmas will be hard too.

can anyone associate with this? does this sadness get too hard to deal with or can anyone give me some advice?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement