Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supernatural Season 4 [**Spoilers**]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭CountryGirl1

Does anyone know where I can watch full episodes of Supernatural online for free?I can't find any full length ones on Youtube...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You can't watch full episodes online legally in Europe - I think its on iTunes in the States. Anyone who posts illegal streaming links will be banned. Sorry....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

J-blk wrote: »
    Absolutely fantastic from start to finish - and I love how the whole confrontation between the angels and demons was all setup by Sam, Dean & Ruby. Dean's confession to Sam right at the end was very well done too, as was his sadness over Anna - very solid acting from Jensen Ackles. Loved it and I'm really gonna miss it over the Christmas break - the 15th of January seems so far away... :(

and dean managed to bag an angel (titanic reference and all)! I suppose he had to compete with sam and his demon love!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

sweetie wrote: »
    and dean managed to bag an angel

Which led to one of the funniest lines of the episode, Dean calling Uriel junkless, like a Ken-doll :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Mr E wrote: »

I'm still expecting a sting in the tail with Castiel though... there is more to him than meets the eye.

My bets are that its Ruby who'll be doing the stinging.

Woo hoo, Sam & Dean are back :D. Unfortunately, this was probably one of the weakest episodes this season, with no Ruby, Castiel or Uriel and an entirely standalone story (except for the last couple of minutes, with Dean expanding on his experiences to Sam). Not a bad episode by any means, the scenes in the walls especially were nicely done just not as good as almost every other episode this season has been... I'm happy it's back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye probably the weakest of the season so far,but it was still a typically good supernatural episode. It's just that this season has been amazing so far.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Finally up-to-date with Supernatural! Started watching less than a year ago..

I quite enjoyed this one actually - some great moments in it, particularly when the girl was slowly approaching and crossed the salt line. I always find people crawling around in the walls a more scary notion than the more umm... supernatural elements in the show. It reminded me a bit of "The People Under the Stairs" in parts.

It wasn't as strong as some episodes this season, but it wasn't the weakest (that was "Yellow Fever" IMO). I'd like to see more of Ruby (I still prefer Ruby Ver. 1 - did the actress leave?), Uriel, etc. but we can't have it every week. I'd also love, for some reason, to see a flashback scene to Dean in Hell.

ixoy wrote: »
    I still prefer Ruby Ver. 1 - did the actress leave?

I think it was a budget thing and they let her go to keep costs down, as it gets costlier to renew contracts for subsequent years, they just opted to use a new face instead...

And "Yellow Fever" had to be one of the funniest episodes ever :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I agree with the above comments, regarding how weak the episode was, however, I didn't find many redeeming qualities to it. The episode was overtly dark in the indoor scenes and they attempted to combat this, to a certain extent, in one scene by using night-vision. In saying that, it was a nice change to find Sam and Dean facing another human, instead of a demon or evil spirit, as it made them have to rethink their strategy.

I'm looking forward to this week's episode, as no doubt it will revert to the main storyline and we get to see more of Castiel.

No Castiel again this week :( - but we did get some Ruby and a bit of movement on the main story. Personally, I enjoyed the magician's storyline and even though the episode was again one of the weaker ones this season (kinda on par with last week's as far as the main story goes), it did have more of an impact than the last one, which was almost completely standalone.

I really enjoyed Sam and Dean's conversation on if they will grow old - Dean sees it ending "violent and bloody" for them, while Sam still seems to hold on to some hope, but will seemingly do anything to give them that hope...

Bonus points for the episode title: made me laugh, plus the amount of times "douche bag" was used in the episode was hilarious :). And of course, "the chief" :D...

I really enjoyed "After School Special" - yep, it was another almost completely standalone entry but very well done. It was great to see Sam and Dean in high school and the role reversal at the end... Funny moments with Dean as the PE teacher (the shorts! :)) and the questions for the ghost's father ("did you cremate all of him?"). And some good freaky moments too - hand in the blender was brutal... I still think this is the strongest season so far, great stuff.

Yes definatly the strongest season of the show so far and probably the strongest season of any show this season.

The flashbacks were great,and we had some typically nasty Supernatural scenes (hand in a blender!). Some of these standalone episodes can be great,and while am enjoying the overall storyline with the angels and the seals being broken,all the episodes can't be devoted to that storyline. We need these type of episodes.

I enjoyed this one, esp. given it was filler and I'm looking for more Castiel. The casting of TeenDean was spot on - just a quick question: since he was in 12th Form, what age would that have been for? 'Coz Dean would have been nearly 19 at that point.

Some bits were somewhat too convenient - the teacher remembering Sam for example (he would surely have met 1000s of kids since then) - and the morality a little bit too heavy but still it worked, and nice to see some flashbacks (and the lack of Jeffrey Dean Morgan for them made perfect sense in context). I did wonder how come nobody seemed to take any notice of the two brothers apparently brutally gunning down two people in front of a bus load of witnesses, but then I remember it's "Supernatural" and that, one (dead) FBI agent aside, nobody notices the scores of slaughtered they leave in their wake :D

Another completely stand-alone entry with "Sex and Violence" - still good, but I'm really craving some Castiel/Ruby/Uriel/Lilith main-plot advancement now...

That said, Bobby was back! And in top form. I loved all the phones he has to keep track of the boys cover as required and the scene at the end where he very casually walks in, stabs Dean and then kills the siren with the knife was very cool :).

I also didn't see the twist with the siren and Dean coming until it happened - I also definitely thought it was the doctor, so nicely done there too.

No new episodes for awhile - I'm not sure when exactly it's due to return but my guess would be on the 5th of March, along with Smallville :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I thought this week's episode was the best filler episode so far this year. I also didn't see the twist with the siren, especially considering the doctor was so aggressive in her pursuit of Sam. I mean come on, drinking and sex in her office? That just screamed siren to me, but I did like how they twisted it around.

I'm definitely looking forward to some Catiel angel vs. demon action, as 4 filler episodes back to back is pushing it.

Ye it was another good episode,and ye it was another standalone one but when they are this good I don't really care. It also means we will probably get a few angel episodes in a row next time.

Gotta love Bobby,great character. Loved how he had all the different phones and was pretending to be the AD of the FBI while wearing a apron and cooking a fry :)

He also comes and kills the siren in a fairly badass way.

J-blk wrote: »
    No new episodes for awhile - I'm not sure when exactly it's due to return but my guess would be on the 5th of March, along with Smallville :(.
    5th March for both, yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

Supernatural's been renewed for a 5th(and presumably final) season :D

OT edit: :D at the double helping of Ike avatars

Great news. Baffled at the Smallville renewal though... that show has run its course.

• Advertisement

Great news indeed,they said they had a 5 year arc so they will get to finish it properly.

I also can't believe Smallville got picked up for another season,it has well run its course.

Awesome, Supernatural has been going from strength to strength and I'm sure a 5th season won't disappoint. As for Smallville, wow, just wow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

oooh something i forgot to mention about everyones favourite Angel,
    Misha Collins(Castiel) has confirmed that he'll be back next season
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

tvnutz wrote: »
    Yes definatly the strongest season of the show so far and probably the strongest season of any show this season.
    x.gif
    Absolutely. Series 1 was decent, series 2 was meh, series 3 was better, 4 is superb.

It's feeling kind of whdeon-esque (as in Joss Whedon, Angel/Buffy/Firefly creator). Good writers, characters with some backgrouns to them, different kinds of plots and subtexts between characters and most importantly, a larger storyline which spans the entire series.

herobear wrote: »
    Why presumably final?!

Also Smallville Season 9?! The show still has potential but it needs to butcher about half its cast first. Better to let it die of course but the damn thing never well.

herobear wrote: »
    Why presumably final?!

Also Smallville Season 9?! The show still has potential but it needs to butcher about half its cast first. Better to let it die of course but the damn thing never well.

Why presumably final?

Because the CW as a network looked like it was going to die out this year and shut down operations completely. People are pretty shocked the network is still on the air but it's not out of the woods by a long shot, so it could still cease existing next year.

Even if that happened, Supernatural could live on by moving to a different network, but that is extremely rare...

Why presumably final?!

Eric Kripke said he was only doing 5 seasons,whether he sticks to that or not is another question.

Supernatural was back this week. And another good episode I thought. I really like where they are going with Sam,he has really become a lot more powerful,Alistar couldn't even fling him across the room where as same was flinging deomons all over the place and exorcising them hell of a lot easier!

Good to is Castiel back as well,even if it was only brief,and interesting how he pretended to be Bobby on the phone to Sam,because everytime he goes directly to Sam and Dean,they do the opposite of what the angels want.

Good story telling to bring back that reaper that almost got dean in the first episode of season 2,also interesting how she hinted that after the angels were done with him he might not have a happy ending after all,no second chance like he hopes.

the kid from weeds was also ok,funny him punching sam and dean around the place. good to have the show back and hopefully it will continue its great run of episodes and end with a great finale. which i'd imagine will have a big cliffhanger considering there will be another season.

Yeah, I really liked this one (it showed up especially well against Smallville's weak offering). They seem to be dropping further hints of a Sam vs Dean showdown - I imagine that's where the finale will end: brother vs brother.

I liked bringing the Reaper back as well, although I'd have liked a bit more about how WeeksKid discovered his abilities.

I also liked umm BlindLady (forget her name!) - she's always been fun and it's a shame to see her go. It's a bit of a bleak season when even angels like Castiel are grim.

• Advertisement

Yep, another solid entry and a pretty bleak episode with what the reaper had to say to Dean and the death of Pamela (the blind psychic) - plus the inevitable deaths of all the people in the town who would die after death was restored. I love how they can combine drama/dark moments and humor in this show. Not too much of the latter in this episode, but some fun moments (like when Dean was sticking his hand through Sam's chest - "Dude, get out of me" :))...

And yep, Castiel back and Alastair (which I loved to see played by Christopher Heyerdahl - Todd the Wraith from Stargate Atlantis - hope he sticks around) had some good moments at the funeral home, trapping the boys and using the rock salt shotgun on them...

And OT, Ixoy is right, Smalliville was craptacular again... WTF happened to Tori Spelling's face? She looked scarier than most monsters that show up on Supernatural...

What a fantastic episode this week. Probably the best of the season so far.Having Dean torture Allistar was great writing,and the whole torture scenes were amazing. So graphic and disturbing while all the time Allistar was inciting Dean about how he cracked so easily and how his father never cracked after a 100 years.

Then what came after was even better.Sam coming in and literally destroying Allistar,not sending him back to hell but actually killing him,and with ease. And how did he do it? by sucking on Ruby's blood...how nice :p The look on Castiel's face while Dean was killing Allistar was brilliant.

To make the episode even better it turns out the Demons were not killing the angels,Uriel was doing it because he has lost faith in God and wants to follow his fallen brother-Lucifer.The fight between him and Castiel was great, ending with Anna killing Uriel.The wings burned into the ground when he died was really cool.

We also learn it was Dean who started off the breaking of the seals. Because he decided to give in and start torturing people in hell,that was the first seal broken,and only then could the rest start to be broken.And apparently he is the only one that can stop it,although he doesn't think he can.

Great episode and I imagine it will be a great few last episodes. I am really liking the character of Castiel this season as well.

100% absolutely agree with you.... 76 episodes of supernatural have been shown so far, and I can't think of one that was better than that.

Dark, grim stuff. Dark as hell. Really advanced the story along too. The revelation that Dean was the first seal actually broke him. He was a shell at the end, and totally defeated.

I think I'm going to miss Alastair Brando, though. Couldn't understand a word the dude was saying, but he was a great character. :)

Superb TV. Outstanding.

Mr E wrote: »
    100% absolutely agree with you.... 76 episodes of supernatural have been shown so far, and I can't think of one that was better than that.

Ye come to think of it,not only was it the best episode of the season,it probably was the best episode of the entire show to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Castiel's back :D

great episode

That was indeed a fantastic episode - no surprise really, given that it did look right from the start that it would be pretty Castiel-centric.

Amazing performances by everyone in the cast (even new Ruby had some good moments there), big story development, a couple of new twists and the payoff of all the small things we've been told about what has been happening to both Sam and Dean all season long.

Best episode ever? Could very well be. I think I'm going to have to re-watch this.

I also loved the way the scenes with the angels on the ground were filmed, when lights passed over head - very nicely done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I'm going to chime in here now too, been following this show week by week since it debuted many moons ago (I can't say that about a lot of shows).

This season is without a doubt the strongest (read: best) season to date, but that episode was outstanding. I had a funny feeling about Uriel, he sort of had that stab-you-in-the-back look about him, I dunno how I tweaked to it but it still came as a Wow-moment to have it confirmed.

Castiel is awesome, there are no words to describe how cool that character is played. Anna is gorgeous too, thought I'd just throw that out there :D

Totally agree with everything above, best episode of not only the season but the series to date. Dean looked completely shattered, he just deal with the fact he started it all, he's crushed immeasurably. It's all building up to a pretty good final few episode run and I can't wait.

Gotta say if it keeps up this pace and this storyline quality I'll be very sad to see it wrap up next year, it completely owns most of the other shows I watch and I'd no idea Eric said it was supposed to be a five season show. Enjoy it while it lasts I suppose :)

After last week dark powerhouse, I wasn't expecting this. Definitely the strangest filler (yet not filler) episode in a while..... Enjoyable, and a nice nod to Ghostbusters (Spengler and Zeddmore, the Ghostfacers!)

Bit of a cheap way to snap Dean out of it though. Looks like everything will be back to normal next week.

I heard it was going to be a filler ep,and it slightly was,but it was an important test to snap Dean out of it and get him back on track.

Overall I liked the episode,obviously not as good as last week which will be hard to beat,but it was a good episode itself. The angels really don't think much of Sam do they!? Giving him the lower paid job etc yet it was Sam who made Dean realise who he really was.

Not as dark as last week either yet we still had some guy microwave his head and another stab himself in the neck with a pencil. Oh and a chap being cut in half by a lift. Nothing too dark...:)

• Advertisement

Good filler and we needed something a bit lighter after last week's superb but very dark instalment. I thought Zachariah was a little bit too light, given Uriel was meant to be the "funny" one.
    I'm also not clear as to why they took Sam's memories given the angels don't really like Sam and wouldn't want to put him on this path: perhaps it's because they want to show Sam how he can kill ghosts in the classic manner, before using Ruby's blood tricks? If so they could have made more note of it.

Is this the 3rd appearance from the Ghostfacers crowd? I remember smiling at the Ghostbuster's references before. Liked them still dissing the Winchesters.

I'm also not clear as to why they took Sam's memories given the angels don't really like Sam and wouldn't want to put him on this path.

Well I reckon it was because if Sam wasn't stuck into the whole thing,he would have noticed Dean was missing,went and found him and realised someone had taken his memories. So they needed Sam to be a part of it,but you could really see they don't think much of him,they gave him the crappy job while Dean was the executive.

And when Zachariah was applauding that Dean finally figured out who he really was meant to be,he never mentioned anything about Sam,when it was clearly Sam who convinced Dean where his destiny lay.

Another great episode. I love how they can make an episode so funny and serious at the same time. It was really funny when they were reading the books and talking to the fan girl. So Chuck is a prophet given the word of God and protected by an archangel! Clearly he didn't see anything good at the end and for some reason Zachariah didn't want him to warn Sam and Dean. Is he a dodgy angel as well?

I like how Castiel is starting to make his own choices,telling Dean how to protect Sam from Lilith.Only a few episodes left this season and it looks like it will be some finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Sarn

That was totally biblical! Good episode, moves things along a little, nice blend of seriousness and humour. Good opportunity for the lads to take a look at themselves. Guess Lillith is going to get it by the end of this season, Sam just needs a bit more turbo charging.

Great episode. Classic supernatural - moving the story along, and lots of laughs along the way. That scene in the laundromat was very good. :)

Really have to try and avoid spoilers for the last few episodes. Only 4 to go now.....

Excellent stuff - a great mixture of the hilarious and dark. All the meta-jokes were spot on (the book titles being episode titles, the slash fiction and their reaction, etc.) and yet we still managed to see the sort of dark places Sam is prepared to go. Be very interesting to see where it all goes, especially with Chuck and Zachariah teasing us about it at the end...

• Advertisement

Only got to see the last 2 episodes now - and both were the usual season 4 quality. Great episode with "The Monster at the End of This Book" and as everyone here mentioned, a great mix of the funny and dark moments ("the prophet Chuck" reference cracked me up every time :)).

Enjoyed the previous one too, had an "Office Space" feel to it, especially with Sam snapping at the end and smashing his phone to pieces...

Supernatural was back last night after another annoying break. Hopefully that will be the last one and we have a full run of eps until the finale.

This episode moved away from the main story of angels and end of the world,was slower paced but still was very good I thought. It really showed the role reversal of Sam and Dean. Sam has become his father,wanting to train "Adam" whereas Dean wanted him to have a normal life. At the end when Sam suggested asking Castiel to bring him back,Dean said no,their father wanted Adam to have a normal life and death and that is what he had.

I liked how they named this episode "Jump the Shark",because most shows that add in a long lost sibling tend to be grasping for storylines and come close to "jumping the shark" but Supernatural doesn't fall into that trap.The real Adam was actually their brother but they never met him,never knew him,he was dead before they even got to the town so no future corny storylines with the half-brother. I also didn't find it a stretch that John could have had another kid,as Sam said he was a hunter going to different towns,saves the girl and is not a monk!

nobody watched the new episode? no? come on people! probably the best show in terms of consistant quality this season!

nobody watched the new episode? no? come on people! probably the best show in terms of consistant quality this season!

Watched it first thing Friday night (Supernatural has moved to the top of the queue of shows I watch...) but thanks to UPC, no broadband for almost all of Saturday so couldn't post :mad:.

It was another terrific episode, from the title right down to how they played out the half-sibling story... Loved the role reversal you mentioned (and it shows how far both Sam and Dean have come from the beginning of the show), Dean's paranoia about what Adam really was at the restaurant and learning something new about John (seems he didn't want to make the "mistakes" he made raising Sam and Dean as hunters with his second family).

There is no other show at the moment that can do what would squarely be considered as "filler" and do it so well - I've absolutely enjoyed pretty much every episode this season...

How exactly the finale is going to live up to this standard is beyond me, but they've set an excellent track record so far... And as far as I know, we should get the remaining episodes back-to-back, no more annoying breaks.

I did! I thought it was pretty ballsy of them to call the episode "Jump the Shark". I kept wavering, like them, as to whether Adam was really their brother or not. Then when he turned into a ghoul I thought, with some relief, that it was just a made-up trap. But oh no - that'd be too happy for this season when we got the double whammy of Adam having been brutally murdered before they ever knew him, just because he was a Winchester.

Anyone else find the ghouls particularly disturbing? I think it's because they had human form. The bit where they began to feast on Sam was particularly gruesome.

As to the dynamic - I also found it quite eerie when Sam began thinking like his dad and being the cold one, teaching Adam how to fight. What a change from the first season when it would have been Dean being the gung-ho member and Sam preaching caution. This can't end happily.

• Advertisement
Advertisement