Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Bass Guitar for WT Preorders in the UK (beider Ireland)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Cool!! Seen this on play.com and game.co.uk!!

Does anyone know if you get the free bass if you preorder in a bricks and mortar shop like say gamestop???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

According to the link shops are included but it doesn't say if Ireland will get the free bass guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

http://kotaku.com/5052396/activision-uk-giving-out-free-guitars-with-world-tour-pre+orders

Now that's very sweet of you Activision. Between this and Rock Bands EPIC shafting of European users, including a bald faced insult, I think my choice on which to get is pretty clear.

Your thoughts?

I think that link is hilarious for the record.

My thoughts are that after exporting my RB1 songs I'll have 136 songs (I like DLC) ready to play with the 84 on disc in RB2... 220 songs when I load the game up. That's a winner for me, and doesn't even include songs I'll download between now and the launch.

Ya... RB wins, and this is coming from someone who imported GH III from the states just so I could get it 2 weeks before is came out here. I'm teh hardcore :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

None of these links make it clear if it's the Mad Catz P-Bass, do they? I can see myself getting one on its own eventually, but I don't particularly want to get the full GHWT set. I have a friend who studies these things closely and he tells me the RB2 instruments are superior, so . One might be refer to him as teh hardcore, if they were so inclined!

Oh, and Game in Limerick are doing this deal, so yes to bricks and mortar!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭el_bandita

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    According to the link shops are included but it doesn't say if Ireland will get the free bass guitar.

Irish Game stores offer free bass guitar when you pre-order...

• Advertisement

el_bandita wrote: »
    Irish Game stores offer free bass guitar when you pre-order...

I preordered in Gamestop.
    Anyone know if they are offerin the free bass guitar too??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

slayerking wrote: »
    I preordered in Gamestop.
    Anyone know if they are offerin the free bass guitar too??

Probably just offer a free shafting, just like always.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Free Bass if you preoreder in HMV.

€189.99

€189.99

Gees, good value. Gamestop are €199!!
    I've already pre-ordered in Gamestop!:mad:

Is it true that the game comes out on the 7th of November but the full band kit isnt out til the week after on the 14th???:eek:
    Anyone no any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

€189.99

In HMV Limerick today,they had no price confirmed for the game/bundle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

195 euro in smyths and you get the free bass when you pre-book.

as far as i know everything comes out on the 7th Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

slayerking wrote: »
    Gees, good value. Gamestop are €199!!
    I've already pre-ordered in Gamestop!:mad:

Is it true that the game comes out on the 7th of November but the full band kit isnt out til the week after on the 14th???:eek:
    Anyone no any info?

A good friend of mine is seasonal staff and is counting down the hours until this game, :pac:

He said that the game will be out on the 7th and the full bundle on the 14th.

A good friend of mine is seasonal staff and is counting down the hours until this game, :pac:

He said that the game will be out on the 7th and the full bundle on the 14th.

Ah dang it.
    Play.com has it the same too!! :mad:

It seems the bass controller is just a Les Paul! Pity, I want the P-Bass!

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=241639

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭crazeehorse

Ya... RB wins, and this is coming from someone who imported GH III from the states just so I could get it 2 weeks before is came out here. I'm teh hardcore :p

ur only saying saying that because rockband on expert is like guitar hero on hard nd it makes you look better even though guitar hero is clearly the better game though when i say guitar hero my opinion verges more towards I and II and not so much III

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

ur only saying saying that because rockband on expert is like guitar hero on hard nd it makes you look better even though guitar hero is clearly the better game though when i say guitar hero my opinion verges more towards I and II and not so much III

Yes it's true that Rock Band Guitar is easier than Guitar Hero Guitars... This does not mean that Guitar Hero is a better game (or vice versa). I personally think that RB is better, purely because it has more songs, gets groups of people together, and is a more relaxed game than GH3. This is only my own opinion though.

What you both said is opinion only and there's no point arguing over which is the better game because it's been done to death.

RB = full band
    GH = not full band

So you are comparing 2 different types of games. Why not argue over whether DDR is better than Samba De Amigo? or Whether Portal is better than Half Life 2. Reason is because it's silly to argue over something like that.

However, when GH:WT is actually out, then you'll be able to compare the two games, but there will still be no "better" game. Just something that suits one type of person and not another.

Personally, I have GH1, GH2, GH80s, GH3, GH:WT (yes), RB1, and RB2 (also yes), so I reckon I'm one of the few people who can make a proper opinion about these games.

The main selling point for me with RB is that it gets groups of people together... GH:WT is also good, but they need to pick up the pace with the downloads... RB has 3-15 songs available every tuesday night... Guitar Hero decide to release songs quite rarely (yes I have all DLC for GH3 and RB2).

</rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I prefer rock band and this is coming from someone who has 5 starred all but 1 song on expert in guitar hero 3 (only 4 starred ttfaf) so it's got nothing to do with difficulty.
    Guitar hero is better if you just want to show off but the note charts are just plain stupid sometimes (neversoft :rolleyes:)

I have to admit that guitar hero 2 is one of the best guitar games but it was made by harmonix,who also make rock band.

The difference is that Harmonix are Musicians..... Neversoft are gamers.

terms are interchangable, but most of harmonix came from a music background and are passionate about music, which is why their game is more relaxed and more "fun" based.

Neversoft come from a gaming background and are passionate about games, so that's why their games are harder and more pointed towards hardcore gamers... one example is TTFAF... awesome song and cool to play, but OUCH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

So did anyone get the free guitar with the pre-order then? I was just wondering as I am waiting on GH world tour for PS2 and I pre-ordered it in Smiths but when I checked in last week they said that the PS2 version would be a week later.....
    Anyway, they have the "free guitar" with pre-order deal, but I thought it was a normal guitar and not a bass? anyone here know?

There's no such thing as a "bass" it's just like any other guitar hero controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

There's no such thing as a "bass" it's just like any other guitar hero controller.

Really? Oh thanks a million as I was really wondering about that- so you mean that if you want to play the bass parts in GHWT- its just a different 'mode' on the game and not a different controller?? Cool! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Got a free wired GH2 explorer from gamestop this morning

sparkzter wrote: »
    Really? Oh thanks a million as I was really wondering about that- so you mean that if you want to play the bass parts in GHWT- its just a different 'mode' on the game and not a different controller?? Cool! :D

Yeah when you start up the game you just choose guitar or bass.

efla wrote: »
    Got a free wired GH2 explorer from gamestop this morning

Yea, got a free one too from gamestop.
    I got a wireless les paul controller though (the GHIII one)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Went in and collected my GHWT yesterday in smyths and was expecting to get my s h i t e free wired guitar, when i got home and looked at it properly they had given me the brand new GHWT solo game and guitar worth €95 :D plus got €20 off with my smyths loyalty card :D:D:D:D:D

Actually...

http://kotaku.com/5067211/mad-catz-rock-band-fender-bass-+-the-best-rock-band-bass

play.com disagrees with you

Although it is for RB.. so may not work on GH:WT

EDIT: Damn.. beaten to it... how could I not have seen that :/

Advertisement