Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Threads and History on boards!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

you again?

it's only going to spark conversation about the events, and the threads were obviously locked for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Mirror wrote: »
    you again?

it's only going to spark conversation about the events, and the threads were obviously locked for a reason.

What do you mean by You again? Got a problem with me or something?
    I made my post pretty simple. If it meanders off course so be it. I can't be assed talking about 9/11 I am just wondering about any old and interesting threads.

You have been around since 2004 but I was hoping more for a 2000-2002 period but sure anything interesting and historic would do. Forgive me but I just had a thought abut searching IRA during the early years! That should be interesting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They're even less impressed when you digd things up here than at Dean's Grange cemetary, and I didn't think that was possible.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    They're even less impressed when you digd things up here than at Dean's Grange cemetary, and I didn't think that was possible.

I so agree.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=451

:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50986

Would you be allowed away with those suggestions today! lol :D

/Searches

I have posted in one in solidarity with you, Reg! I smells an infraction coming...

• Advertisement

I have posted in one in solidarity with you, Reg! I smells an infraction coming...

Why would I be infracted? Did I miss something in the charter? Jesus be blessed it is not that hard a thread to get to grips with.

/reads charters, again.

Why would I be infracted? Did I miss something in the charter? Jesus be blessed it is not that hard a thread to get to grips with.

/reads charters, again.
    your first two threads raise issues from threads that were locked for a reason, and the second two are completely pointless, just old, and don't need necro posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Daithi, last year on September 11 there was a thread all about the original 2001 thread.

your first two threads raise issues from threads that were locked for a reason, and the second two are completely pointless, just old, and don't need necro posting.

I just saw your man bumping the old thread. I thought my links were pretty obvious to OLD threads. No offense to you but I made my point clear in the original post incase you missed it or, well, hey nothing I can do about that.

How can I factor in that? I didn't ask people to comment in them, just to post any interesting links!

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Daithi, last year on September 11 there was a thread all about the original 2001 thread.

Link? I'd like to read history commenting on history :) Always a good read :D

• Advertisement

I just saw your man bumping the old thread. I thought my links were pretty obvious to OLD threads. No offense to you but I made my point clear in the original post incase you missed it or, well, hey nothing I can do about that.

How can I factor in that? I didn't ask people to comment in them, just to post any interesting links!
    just for the record no, i don't have a problem with you, the "you again?" should probably have been "you again? :pac:"

i just think it's all very pointless and will inevitably end in a bout of necro posting, or raising threads on events that are generally best left lie.

/reads charters, again.

Not you, me! I went and posted in it! No infraction, though. Karoma must be off duty tonight.

just for the record no, i don't have a problem with you, the "you again?" should probably have been "you again? :pac:"

i just think it's all very pointless and will inevitably end in a bout of necro posting, or raising threads on events that are generally best left lie.

Lets burn books so :rolleyes:

How dare anyone record the past. No point in look backwards. Wat?

Not you, me! I went and posted in it! No infraction, though. Karoma must be off duty tonight.

Not going to lie to you buddy but I reported your post. I don't need to be trolled or Squeezed.

Not going to lie to you buddy but I reported your post. I don't need to be trolled or Squeezed.

Jaysus! Here's to solidarity!!

Jaysus! Here's to solidarity!!

Sorry :(

Lets burn books so :rolleyes:

How dare anyone record the past. No point in look backwards. Wat?
    ok my opinion of you has dropped somewhat, you clearly misunderstood me. i didn't say the threads shouldn't be read, you search away to your hearts content there buddy :rolleyes:

on top of which, boards isn't here to record things, it's here for the discussion of them. so bringing up threads that were locked or are completely needless and 7/8 years old is defeating the purpose unless you intend to discuss them.

ok my opinion of you has dropped somewhat, you clearly misunderstood me. i didn't say the threads shouldn't be read, you search away to your hearts content there buddy :rolleyes:

on top of which, boards isn't here to record things, it's here for the discussion of them. so bringing up threads that were locked or are completely needless and 7/8 years old is defeating the purpose unless you intend to discuss them.

ah ok I see where you are coming from.

on top of which, boards isn't here to record things, it's here for the discussion of them

When you manage to wrap your head around that come back to me.

Just note, I cannot say anything bad to you without your permision.

.... boards isn't here to record things....

Then why do we have to sit around scracthing out balls for 15 mins every night while the system 'backs-up'..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

on top of which, boards isn't here to record things, it's here for the discussion of them

Oi fingers, stop trying to pick a fight!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

has enough time passed for this to be funny yet?

You might aswell lock it Mordo. I Guess my initial posts didn't make sense.

:(

Kiera is in for a kicking though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Its hard to say, Aids has only became funny lately, so it could be a while yet.

You might aswell lock it Mordo. I Guess my initial posts didn't make sense.

:(

I'm in for a kicking?? WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Do you like dags?

Its hard to say, Aids has only became funny lately, so it could be a while yet.

:D lol abortining Twisted kids is in second place :)

what?

this is a forum also known as a discussion/bulletin board

it is for discussing things. it also stores what is submitted to it. but it's purpose is not to record history. that's there so people can go back and read previous posts, and also join the discussion. ergo, posting locked threads is pointless. and dragging up ancient threads needlessly is generally frowned upon.

is that clear enough for you? and you may say what you like to me if you so wish.

what?

this is a forum also known as a discussion/bulletin board

it is for discussing things. it also stores what is submitted to it. but it's purpose is not to record history. that's there so people can go back and read previous posts, and also join the discussion. ergo, posting locked threads is pointless. and dragging up ancient threads needlessly is generally frowned upon.

is that clear enough for you? and you may say what you like to me if you so wish.

Really? I can say what I like to you? Cool.

You are quite smart.

In the loving sense, smart people tell thick fukers that, to make them feel good.

You really dont get what history is? I am well aware of vBulletin but like WTF?

Shut up shut up shut up, you're making my eyes bleed!

• Advertisement

but like WTF?

is this a typical question from a "smart person"? because it makes no sense, can you rephrase it please?

Advertisement