Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Music Show

Options
  • 19-09-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

What are people's thoughts on this -

http://wordpress.hotpress.com/themusicshow/

We're getting chased to attend. At the moment my inclination is it's not really of use to us.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Sweet Lantern Jaysus.

Full of people who've gone from "strength to strength"...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

studiorat wrote: »
    Sweet Lantern Jaysus.

Full of people who've gone from "strength to strength"...

Like ourselves, Horse!

It's just weak clichés like that would put a man off going. Too many speakers for me, doesn't seem to mention topics either.

Hot Press going to save the music biz again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

studiorat wrote: »
    It's just weak clichés like that would put a man off going. Too many speakers for me, doesn't seem to mention topics either.

Hot Press going to save the music biz again!

The Weak Clichés, man we're gonna be big man. Yes, we're "going into the studio next week" we have " record company interest"

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    The Weak Clichés, man we're gonna be big man. Yes, we're "going into the studio next week" we have " record company interest"

Exactly! "working on an album at the moment!" and "got a few gigs comin' up"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Vaguely interested in seeing Chris Blackwell. But more for what he's done than what he might say. Kinda like going to a Dylan gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tweeky

frobisher wrote: »
    Vaguely interested in seeing Chris Blackwell. But more for what he's done than what he might say. Kinda like going to a Dylan gig.

I met him in a studio in once, really entertaining guy, he had some great stories about his Mother and Ian Fleming. He told the band that they were going to be huge and that stadiums were where they were heading!
    I had heard this many times before when newly signed bands were on the right page of the xmas list, and as the caterers came in with the lunch and a previously signed member of another band came in helping them i hoped the band wouldn't take it as gospel.

Advertisement