Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oscarbravo destroying the politics forum - AGAIN

Options
  • 19-09-2008 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭

I know I've raised this before in a thread - oscarBravo's "infractions" and impartiality http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055330061 - and to be honest it seemed that his days of handing out infractions and bans like confetti were at an end, ( certainly he's not throwing infractions around left right and center lately ) but now he's given me a months ban for stating " The mods will have to intervene :)" in a thread !!!! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055376995&page=4

And his reason - troublemaker. If you go through the thread - Question for Republicans (of the Irish variety) - you'll see in the words of Erin Go Brath " Oscarbravo; how come you banned slabmurphy for reasonable debate and not blatent trollery ". As has been stated before about this individual, he has his own agenda and if you don't happen to have a similair opinion as him, he hands out infractions and bans to silence anyone.

The great irony is that as someone who has been entrusted to see free and fair debate, he's actually the very one who's pushing his own agenda and destroying the politics forum.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

what the hell were you expecting? that's the type of comment that can derail a thread and start a few flame wars to boot. seems to be a lack of common sense in that forum these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

what the hell were you expecting? that's the type of comment that can derail a thread and start a few flame wars to boot. seems to be a lack of common sense in that forum these days.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

SlabMurphy wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Posts like this probably don't help your predicament either.

Posts like this probably don't help your predicament either.
    I know, indeed this month's ban could be his revenge for criticsing him in the previous thread I put on feedback, but well, it's how I feel. As I said, he's been entrusted by the people who run boards.ie but is literally the one whose deliberately destroying free and fair debate over there with his tatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

seems a bit unfair to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I know, indeed this month's ban could be his revenge for criticsing him in the previous thread I put on feedback, but well, it's how I feel. As I said, he's been entrusted by the people who run boards.ie but is literally the one whose deliberately destroying free and fair debate over there with his tatics.
    did he just shake his tactics at you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

If you don't shut the fuk up I'll mod that forum.

EXTRAORDINARY - YET ANOTHER ONE :eek: " Being from a mixed Irish and British background " It's absoulutely amazing how many people who are always the most anti nationalist on boards.ie are never actually unionists, but ALWAYS allegedly come form

- Born in England but raised in Ireland from their teens
    - Born in England but of Irish parents
    - Born in Ireland but raised in England from an early age, hence explianing their pro Britsh opinions

It's extraordinary, but I cann't remember yet of seeing anyone spouting pro British thuggery being honest enough to claim that they are unionists from the six counties but obviously try and disguise their views under the already mentioned backgrounds ;)

Do me a favour, try spouting your British views in public sometime and we'll see the nice agreement you'll get ;)
    AND YET ANOTHER ONE :eek: :eek: ( though I've got to admit on the law of averages the odd one has to be telling the truth, unlike the majority of them are just unionists from teh six counties disguising their real background to try and make their arguement sound more acceptable ;) )

Still, do you not think it a bit of an hypocrisy that the murders carried out by the British forces - RUC, Brits, UVF etc - didn't whatsoever make you loose your pro British views ....:rolleyes:

Anyway, getting off topic here, unionists posting under an alias, Bin Laden, Iraq etc are all coming into it. Let's get back to Irish America and the Republican movement.
    AND YET ANOTHER ONE :eek::eek::eek: FFS, this is getting out of hand. The mods will have to intervene :)

Still it goes to show where the pro british propaganda is really coming from ;)

decent debate with a side of trolling. ban well deserved in my opinion. all these statements in bold, singling people out, and later talk of having to "outbreed them" are unnecessary. take the month, reflect, and come back with a less personal approach.

Mirror wrote: »
    decent debate with a side of trolling. ban well deserved in my opinion. all these statements in bold, singling people out, and later talk of having to "outbreed them" are unnecessary. take the month, reflect, and come back with a less personal approach.
    I suppose you got a point regarding the less personal approach, though that wasn't the excuse he gave for banning me. It was ofr the statement - " The mods will have to intervene ".

Still I'm far from been the only one on boards.ie who gets personal e.g.
    Boston wrote: »
    If you don't shut the fuk up .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

In all fairness Slab you helped destroy that thread yourself by jumping down the throats of anyone who didn't share your SF/IRA views.

• Advertisement

I suppose you got a point regarding the less personal approach, though that wasn't the excuse he gave for banning me.
    i'd call poking at others specifically troublemaking tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I still say I'm the best man for the job.

I suppose you got a point regarding the less personal approach, though that wasn't the excuse he gave for banning me. It was ofr the statement - " The mods will have to intervene ".

no, that just happened to be the part of your post he quoted, he was being ironic. get it? he banned you for being a "troublemaker".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

OP - I don't know what OB banned you for but you kept on referring to other posters (including me) as unionists (which you meant as an insult) because you thought they were British/Unionist apologists.

Despite people telling you that they were not.

You replied to this post from me:

Originally Posted by stovelid

I have no idea. Seeing as I'm not one, perhaps a actual unionist could oblige you.

simply with a eye-roll.

You can't expect not to wind people up on politics forum with this kind of stuff tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Something has to be done about oscarbravo! Perhaps we can bake him a cake or buy him a pint or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

He's very partial to a fine bottle of wine. :D

no, that just happened to be the part of your post he quoted, he was being ironic. get it? he banned you for being a "troublemaker".
    A troublemaker with him is anyone who doesn't share his views. Before his great excuse for throwing around infractions etc was " Being naughty " which is obviously an open ended excuse to throw it at somebody as he liked.

Though here's s thread that I can agree with in general - Boards = Boring
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055381603

I suppose if I stated that on the politics forum he'd interpret that as troublemaker/being naughty etc take your choice. Thing is, it's always those who have a Republican viewpoint he always has an issue with.

Something has to be done about oscarbravo! Perhaps we can bake him a cake or buy him a pint or something?
    Ah stop, your been too funny altogether :rolleyes:.

A troublemaker with him is anyone who doesn't share his views. Before his great excuse for throwing around infractions etc was " Being naughty " which is obviously an open ended excuse to throw it at somebody as he liked.

Though here's s thread that I can agree with in general - Boards = Boring
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055381603

I suppose if I stated that on the politics forum he'd interpret that as troublemaker/being naughty etc take your choice. Thing is, it's always those who have a Republican viewpoint he always has an issue with.
    honestly, is there something wrong with your comprehension of the situation? you were not banned for your political views, you were banned for having a personal issue with other peoples political views!

i'd have banned for for good if this wasn't your first offense tbh. and as i said earlier, i know nothing about the politics being discussed, so if i can come to that conclusion how can you not see your mistaken interpretation of the ban?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

honestly, is there something wrong with your comprehension of the situation?

Yes. A lot of people just can't grasp that they themselves are the reason they're banned, and look to a scapegoat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

As it should say...

Idiots who can't post with in the rules as laid down in the charter are destroying the politics forum - AGAIN!

I will make sure to give him a hug the next time I see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Before his great excuse for throwing around infractions etc was " Being naughty " which is obviously an open ended excuse to throw it at somebody as he liked
    Infractions have 9 default labeled categories. "Being Naughty" is one of them. It is often used when the behaviour does not fit into any of the others. The Mod simply choses the "Being Naughty" icon - it is not his own words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You've previously had issue with the mods. I don't have a problem with that. You have a right to reply in feedback.

The very second you bring that gripe into posts in politics, you get banned.

So I'll make it clear, if and when you get back in to politics, if I see a hint of you trying to troll the forum mods again, you will be permanently removed from the politics forum.

No infractions, no warnings and no appeal.
    Period.

If OB hadn't gotten there first, I would have banned you.

GuanYin wrote: »
    You've previously had issue with the mods. I don't have a problem with that. You have a right to reply in feedback.

So I'll make it clear, if and when you get back in to politics, if I see a hint of you trying to troll the forum mods again, you will be permanently removed from the politics forum.

Period.

he'd probably give his cake to you.

I don't follow...

I don't follow...
    -_-

the cake that Boston suggested we bake for oscarbravo :)

Period.

GuanYin and oscarBravo, boards.ie's Mutual Appreciation Society :rolleyes:.

I'll bet he gives him a lot more 'things' than cake................

GuanYin and oscarBravo, boards.ie's Mutual Appreciation Society :rolleyes:.

Yes, we're very close. :rolleyes:

Hey, we can try get OB to lift the ban and then see how long I think you should be banned for instead.

How is that for fairness?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'll bet he gives him a lot more 'things' than cake................

Not to butt in, but posts like that are hardly going to help your case when the SMODS/ Admins look at this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement