Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to reiki

Options
  • 19-09-2008 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi
    I am new to all of this and as this is my first time posting I hope I have posted in the right forum. Although I am not sure if it is really the correct place to post. It's not really religious.

Anyway, I am new to reiki and have completed reiki 1 which I am enjoying. I just have a few questions;

• Can any one recommend a nice opening and closing without bringing in the angels?
    • Is it important to close? I keep falling asleep when I self treat!
    • As I am pushed for time is self treating ok for a few mins at night in bed? I am not doing all hand positions just about 3 which are really comfortable and soothing for me. I am afraid I am not getting the best out of my reiki
    • How important is it to go to reiki shares. I am not close to one so it is not going to be very regular for me.
    • Is it ok for me to still go to a reiki practicioner? Will this strenghten my reiki?
    • How do I incorporate crystals and which is the best crystal for general healing? I tend to use rose quartz at the moment.
    I hope these questios are not silly but any answers would be great.

:):):):):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Angels ?

What type of reiki is it that you did ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 saoirsetouch

I was attunned to usui reiki. And plese don't get me wrong my RM is fantastic. I just find that the calling in and closing down is so much to remember. Calling in loads of angels and as each chakra is closed a different angel is called to do it. Is it necessary? I do not know any other way to close down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Angels ?

What type of reiki is it that you did ?
    Usui reiki, the "original" method uses angels in the closing down.
    I was attunned to usui reiki. And plese don't get me wrong my RM is fantastic. I just find that the calling in and closing down is so much to remember. Calling in loads of angels and as each chakra is closed a different angel is called to do it. Is it necessary? I do not know any other way to close down.
    You don't need to remember it, just have a sheet of paper with it written down on and keep it close to you during the treatment. It's is more important to do the closing down than it is to do the calling in. I personally don't kow any other methods, as I've been happy to use the one I was taught, but I'm sure there are others out there. Just be aware that the closing down is very important, so be sure you are comfortable with whatever you are using.

It is perfectly fine to just use a few of the positions when self treating, but try to find time to do a full treatment every now and again. Have you just done level 1? If so, I think it's too early to go trying to change things, don't be so quick to look for shortcuts, it will take a lot of the joy and learning out of Reiki.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Can any one recommend a nice opening and closing without bringing in the angels?

My RM did not use the angels in the closing, however the RM of the share I attend does it differently. Is not something I would put on a public forum, and is not easily explained either, more shown. I would suggest , if you are not comfortable with the angels, ask your RM if there is an alternative you could use, as IMHO, it is important to do what feels right to you.

Is it important to close? I keep falling asleep when I self treat!

Closing is extremely important, as otherwise your chakras remain open, are are more prone to absorbing any negative energy around you.

I would say that it is important to cover all the chakras, as I know personally, grounding is especially important for me to do on a regular basis, and this is usually the end of my own self-healing.

Reiki shares are not mandatory, and very few people do attend reiki shares, due to having to travel, other commitments etc. However if you could manage to get one in every couple of months, I would say that it really does add to the experience, and strengthen the connection with the energy.

Yes, it is still ok for you to go to a reiki practitioner. My own RM encourages this. Self healing and receiving a treatment are different experiences. I find I absorb more energy from a healer than I do myself, and that is because even though both are relaxing, they are relaxing in different ways.

Regarding using crysals, I would leave crystals and reiki separate for now, and return to it at a later date. A good source for crystals though is The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall, however personally I find that whatever crystal you are drawn to is what is needed at any given day. I have quite a collection of crystals, and usually have 3 on my person on a day to day basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stanneon

Hi everybody... I'm just new here and posted earlier in this forum...
    Can anyone tell what Reiki is, RM?....

Ok I'll Google it, but I still want some info from the guys who have experienced it already. Pls... :)

• Advertisement

Hi stanneon.
    Reiki is powerful but gentle, ancient healing art from Japan. It facilitates the healing of the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual body in a non-intrusive way. It works with your body to restore balance.

Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery. Healing can be administered to people, animals, plants, situations, living/work areas. In fact any area or aspect of life which needs improving, can benefit from the healing and positive thoughts of Reiki.

A Reiki treatment lasts between 45 60 minutes, depending on how much healing you need during your session. You remain fully clothed throughout, the only item of clothing you need to remove is your shoes. You lie on a Reiki table, or massage bed and simply relax. The practitioner does the rest.

If you want any more info you'll get loads here! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is a stickie with information at the top of the forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055081333

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stanneon

Shuut! I can't wait to go home, I'm still at work but I have finished my task already...

Does any one here know a Reiki master in the Philippines?...

Hi Stanneon, I don't know a RM in the philippines, you might find one on a forum for that area. Are you in the philippines?

If you are adding a sentence to a post, you can click the "edit" button underneath your post and ad it in there. It will save you posting new boxes each time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Hi Saoirsetouch,

I've been attuned too so I can share my experience if it will help:
    [*]Can any one recommend a nice opening and closing without bringing in the angels?

Personally, if I'm very tired and I want to self heal without going through the motions of a full session, I call use the protection prayer of Archangel Michael. I find actually asking for protection is more important to me than simply reciting a prayer that I've learned off. I actually asked my Reiki Master this very same question after my attunement and she said that as I become more comfortable with it that I will adapt the prayers to my own needs for self healing.
    [*]Is it important to close? I keep falling asleep when I self treat!
    Haha that happens to me too. I asked about that aswell, I was told it's fine. This is why I like to use a protection prayer at night if I'm self healing. I just feel better about falling asleep afterwards.
    [*]As I am pushed for time is self treating ok for a few mins at night in bed? I am not doing all hand positions just about 3 which are really comfortable and soothing for me. I am afraid I am not getting the best out of my reiki
    From my own experience, the amount of time you spend on reiki practise is unsteady. Recently, I've done very little due to exams, assessments, assignments etc.. It comes in waves for me so I wouldn't worry that you're not 'getting the best' out of it. I know that once all my work is over, I'll be more focused on it. I reckon it's normal to go through quiet spells. The fact that you're doing any self healing at night is great, well done! ;)
    [*]How important is it to go to reiki shares. I am not close to one so it is not going to be very regular for me.
    Same as above for me again. Been so busy with College exams that I have not had a share yet. Will be having one soon though hopefully so I'll get back to you on the experience. :)
    [*]Is it ok for me to still go to a reiki practicioner? Will this strenghten my reiki?
    I'm sure it's fine to still go. Why not? I'm not sure what you mean by 'strenghtening' your reiki but I reckon you would benefit from the session as you did before being attuned. It's also a nice way to clear your mind and have you in a better state to practise methinks.
    [*]How do I incorporate crystals and which is the best crystal for general healing? I tend to use rose quartz at the moment.
    I'm not sure how you mean to incorporate them but clear quartz crystal is a good one for general healing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 saoirsetouch

MizzLolly, thanks for that. I think I may have been in a bit of a slump and doing too much thinking. I did a treatment last week for the first time on a work collegue. This was a big thing for me as I have only worked my my husband and myself so this was like a stranger as such. She had never had reiki before so we were both apprehensive. Well what can I say it was the boost I needed. She loved it and felt alot of energy. Her feed back was really positive and I am really encouraged by this. I think I was self doubting for a while. But now I am full of reiki and back on the right track. Have also made a decision to go to Reiki 2. I am so ready for it. My self treatments are coming on fine too. I am concentrating on each chackra each night and it is so comforting. Thanks to all who replied to this. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

That's excellent Saoirsetouch, best of luck with level 2.

Keep us posted ;)

Advertisement