Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Speakers in Galway...

Options
  • 19-09-2008 9:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Where can I get a good price on a set of speakers in town? Wanted for playing music from a laptop - nothing professional as I don't really want to spend over a hundred on them. Would Argos be a good shout or are there better places?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I think Argos have decent enough Logitech 2.1 speaker sets, maybe check the online catalogue and read a few reviews?
    Currys, PC world or Maplins might be worth a shot as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'm guessing you want them for stationary use as I'm assuming your laptop has it's own speakers.

Argos do some good 5.1 speakers for around 50.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

I'm guessing you want them for stationary use as I'm assuming your laptop has it's own speakers.

Argos do some good 5.1 speakers for around 50.

Actually not really, I want them for playing music at house parties and the like, which means sometimes in other people's houses and also moving them from my room to the living room etc. So 5.1 is a little impractical. Had some 2.1s last year which were good till they broke.

I'm thinking about just getting a 3.5mm jack to RCA (red/white cable) which I can just plug into the TV and crank that up to full volume :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

Actually not really, I want them for playing music at house parties and the like, which means sometimes in other people's houses and also moving them from my room to the living room etc. So 5.1 is a little impractical. Had some 2.1s last year which were good till they broke.

I'm thinking about just getting a 3.5mm jack to RCA (red/white cable) which I can just plug into the TV and crank that up to full volume :)

I think you should know where you sit on the sound quality scale of things.

http://www.indiespinzone.com/other/highend.html

Just in case someone turns up to one of your "gigs" who actually owns a stereo or something. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement