Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

See anything weird?

Options
  • 19-09-2008 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Offensive picture deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Although the humour is not lost on me personally, but I think posting a photo of a deer killed by a hunter in an Animals forum isn't going to go down too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Mairt wrote: »
    Although the humour is not lost on me personally, but I think posting a photo of a deer killed by a hunter in an Animals forum isn't going to go down too well.

went down great with me.. the people on this fourm need to get of there stupid high horses. maybe you should make a private fourm where you can all talk about pink fluffy bunnys wabbits and a world where nobody or nothing ever dies or ets eaten:cool:
    your a bunch of hippys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

It's HIPPIES, darling :D.

I personally do not get a kick from a picture in which a dog humps a dead animal. It takes all sorts, I guess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Oh, how funny, a picture of an innocent animal that's just been murdered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

went down great with me.. the people on this fourm need to get of there stupid high horses. maybe you should make a private fourm where you can all talk about pink fluffy bunnys wabbits and a world where nobody or nothing ever dies or ets eaten:cool:
    your a bunch of hippys

Why bother posting here if you've got nothing to say related to animals or pet issues?

I think we can judge by the level of intelligence that went into making your post that a picture of a dog humping a corpse will only be found humerous by a certain, special few.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

aside from the mistake of putting up a dead animal on the animal and pets board, it really wasnt even funny. I was expecting a good old knee slapper.... disapointed.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

your a bunch of hippys

You would do well to read the forum charter before posting here.

The Charter (Rules for posting here)**Updated 02/05/2008***
    We all love pets, and we love to talk about them. But remember, there are some simple rules:

Do not post anything others would find offensive. You might think it's funny, but others might not want to see pictures of animals being hurt, mutilated or killed. Animal cruelty is baaaaad, so don't promote it!

This board is intended for the discussion of pet ownership (ie feeding,care etc.), help with locating pets of all kinds, and general discussion about pets and animals.
    I hope you earn yourself a perm ban. End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

And don't post random pictures to promote your website. If I search your posts will I find more images from your site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Gordon wrote: »
    And don't post random pictures to promote your website. If I search your posts will I find more images from your site?

Just searched his posts, a lot of his stuff is - your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Im proud to be a hippy better than murdering innocent animals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭God Of Radio

First of all, this board takes about 30 minutes to open, and that's with a computer that could launch NASA cuz its so big. Finding the "PROPER" board to post on takes another 30 minutes. I saw "ANIMALS" and went for it.

Second, all of you people denouncing the killing of animals are the same people enjoying a nice bowl of sausage and eggs this morning. You grab your leather coat for work with a purse made out of leather. you sit on your LEATHER seats in your mini van while pouring out gas fumes that damage the environment. You take your kids to baseball practice with his glove made out of what? Leather. You have a steak for dinner and have dessert on your LEATHER couch while feeding your dog his horse meat.

I could go on for HOURS!

A hunter killed a dog. Dog humps deer. Funny. Maybe he likes rump roast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Hahaha, Freudian slip, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Maybe he likes rump roast.

hahaha lol.... rump roast... good 1... im off for a nice big pice of dead pig on a plate. maybe some cow for dinner or baby sheep!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

First of all, this board takes about 30 minutes to open, and that's with a computer that could launch NASA cuz its so big. Finding the "PROPER" board to post on takes another 30 minutes. I saw "ANIMALS" and went for it.

Second, all of you people denouncing the killing of animals are the same people enjoying a nice bowl of sausage and eggs this morning. You grab your leather coat for work with a purse made out of leather. you sit on your LEATHER seats in your mini van while pouring out gas fumes that damage the environment. You take your kids to baseball practice with his glove made out of what? Leather. You have a steak for dinner and have dessert on your LEATHER couch while feeding your dog his horse meat.

I could go on for HOURS!

Look, I have absolutely no time for anyone calling the killing of animals murder, but you're really not doing this right.

1. You need a new computer my friend; I'm using a pretty well mangled laptop and boards pages load for me in about two and a half seconds. NASA you are not.

2. Stop pimping your site here, or you will be very quickly thrown out. You want airtime? Pay for advertising like everyone else.

3. Calling a bunch of people here hypocrites and having a poorly written rant at them because they don't like your picture? You don't know them; perhaps most of them are vegans, who cycle everywhere, don't have children and actively campaign to save the planet? (Not my cup of tea, but people of principles are alright in my books for the most part) Also, this is an Irish site; you'll be hard pushed to find parents bringing their kids to baseball practice.

4. I'm a hunter and I thought it was pretty lame. I didn't take kindly to all the "murder" talk afterwards, but I still thought it not worth getting involved because it was a pretty lame picture and I didn't want to be seen to defend it.

^^^^ HA HA HA HA! Yeah you got me.

People are ridiculous. I love animals . . . love em. But I can't stand people who get on soap boxes about people who choose to hunt. Yes, "CHOOSE TO HUNT". Its a right. Is it brutal? In one regard it is, but its part of the evolutionary chain. Why don't you go out on the plains of oh, I don't know, pick the African Country, and tell a Rhino who has a mouth full of Zebra he shouldn't be doing that. Yes, I know Rhino's aren't normally caniverous. They normally eat plants, but sometimes they kill for the FUN OF IT. So why don't you get on a PLANE, go to Africa, get into a Jeep, drive out, and reprimand those rhino's for playing with dead carcasses of wilderbeasts or zebras. If it weren't for eating meat, you wouldn't be here because your ancestors THRIVED on meat. they also stayed alive by keeping warm BECAUSE OF DEAD ANIMALS! People, sorry LUNATICS like PETA are bleeding hearts who can't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

There's a Hunting forum here in case you're lost.

There's also a conspiracy theories forum for lunatics who come on here ranting about other people because they didn't like his picture. Please don't send him to Hunting, I like that forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Beth wrote: »
    There's a Hunting forum here in case you're lost.
    Thanks a heap! :rolleyes:

Just for the record, the OP's 'style' will be no more welcome there than it is here.

Also interesting is the propensity of human beings, especially dumb ones, to care more about animal lives than human ones. War? Yeah, go for it. Kill over Religion and kill over disagreements. Kill each other, in fact slaughter each other. Take pictures and film all of the violence. THEN stack the bodies one by one down the street. Report it on the news even so small children can see it, but BE DAMNED if you spear a deer in the ass so you can feed your family. Afterall, the economy is GREAT and its much cheaper to buy food, right?

I'm not a hunter, because I'm a pussy. I also do not own guns, but I say anyone who wants to should go crazy. We have an over population of deer anyway. They run out onto traffic putting human lives in jeopardy. I say shoot away! Mow them down with semi automatic weapons I say. After you've slain a few hundred, rip them open and yank out the meat. There are hundreds of thousands of hungry mouths that would LOVE to get their lips around a nice, flame broiled deer steak! Not one of them would bitch about animal rights or the process by which that meat reached their plates.

You animal people. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Advertisement

"OP" could care less about "STYLE". Its called an OPINION.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Helloooooooooo? Mods?

G.O.R this subject has been done to death, seriously. It is against the charter to put up pics which may cause offence, whether the pic is regarding hunting or otherwise. If you want a debate about the merits of hunting then why not drag up one of the many threads that are already here rather than start another thread?

What's to moderate? An opinion?

I already have screen shots of this to use elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Dude, this is a pets and animals forum, we talk about our cats and dogs, where we walk them etc... Lots of hunters come on here, nice bunch, they use dogs and they get along pretty well to be honest.

(I logged on to your website, would you consider hiring a designer?)

If you want to talk about hunting, and advocate it, at least be eloquent, persuasive, polite, and mindful of your audience. Comparing the discussion and images of hunting with those of human conflicts is stupid at best. Please stop. You make an extraordinarily bad spokesman for hunters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm sorry, you must have only gotten the first line of that message. The pic is against this forums rules. Nothing to do with personal opinion (because stating my personal opinion of you would also be against forum rules) but if you would be so kind as to read the charter you would see that you are in the wrong forum to post this and you are putting up images which people could find offensive.

Hunting forum for this, although I can imagine they will all think you're a bit of a fool.

Hunting forum for this, although I can imagine they will all think you're a bit of a fool.

It won't be taken at all well there either and he'll just get stamped out, we'll have another whiney feedback thread about freedom of speech and how it's his right to pimp his site here, then DeV will make a sarky remark and boot him off boards, and as fun as that all sounds, it's just silly and doesn't need to happen.

lightening wrote: »
    Dude, this is a pets and animals forum, we talk about our cats and dogs, where we walk them etc... Lots of hunters come on here, nice bunch, they use dogs and they get along pretty well to be honest.

(I logged on to your website, would you consider hiring a designer?)

There's a place on this forum to talk about web design I am sure. And I never claimed to be A) A hunter B) Web designer or C) an "eloquent and persuasive" poster. HAHA! Alright, I am out. You guys enjoy debating a picture that was meant to be funny in the 1st place.

Smooches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Just some friendly advice kiddo... seeya!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

OP Perma banned. Thread closed.

Also for the record, where ever you see "Thread Closed", "OP Banned" etc please do not send further reported posts. The thread has already being moderated and no further action will be taken.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement