Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PreHydrating with powerade

• 19-09-2008 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Anybody try this? I tried it yesterday and today and have to say i actually got a kick out of it, then again is it the same for lucozade sport, i normally use water about 1.5l of volvic, so is it just a case of it does exactly what it says on the bottle?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

I find sports drinks make my throat sticky - find myself needing to clear it more often. If i'm feeling dehydrated before exercise I sometimes take a diaoralyte sachet, which is meant to be for the scutters but works pretty well for me instead of forking out for expensive bottled drinks. You can pick it up in any chemist - usually cheaper if you buy by the box. They're good for hangovers too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Clseeper

The current teaching from any of the sport nutritionists seems to be;
    • Hydrate throughout days and monitor with ‘Pee charts’ [Kinda sick but it’s a little chart that you compare the colour of your urine too to determine how hydrated you are. I sorta do my own by memory. Would be very strange in work if I was at the urinal with a chart and measuring near my crotch. Google it :rolleyes:]
    • Bring 1 litre of water and 1 litre glucose drink to training. Drink the water first for hydration and then the glucose drink for hydration and also an energy boost about half way into your session.

You can also add a small amount of salt and sugar to the plain water to the water to quicken re-hydration. The salt acts as a catalyst and allows your body to absorb the water much quicker. The sugar is a small glucose kick. Don't add too much of either, you shouldn't be able to taste it. Even cheaper than the diaoralyte, 1kg of suger & a bag of salt :eek:

Advertisement