Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astronomy clubs

Options
  • 19-09-2008 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for astronomy clubs in Kildare/Carlow/Laois areas (I'm from Athy), I have a great interest in astronomy but am such a novice! Would love to join up somewhere and meet with people who actually know what to look for. I have a fair idea of stars and constellations, got a 15*70 Celestron binoculars for christmas and love looking through them but I live in a built up estate and the lights are mostly a problem. That and the neighbours being freaked out me hanging out the window most nights with binoculars...! "My name is Jo and I am a nosey neighbour"! LOL.

I've always been facinated by the night sky and when I was in Australia a few years ago I had the greatest pleasure of being at Ayers rock looking through a huge telescope where I actaully saw the rings on Saturn. I'll never forget it, I was hooked ever since then!!

Hope someone can help..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 murphyme

Hi Joey,

Try irishastronomy.org. They have a list of clubs there. I know that there is/was a club in Kildare. There is an active club in Tullamore as well.

Hope this helps,

Michael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭JoeyW

Thanks Micheal,

I'll give that a shot and hope for the best.

Jo

Advertisement