Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car help!

Options
  • 19-09-2008 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

hi everyone, i got an awful fright on my way home.....car (peugeot 307)started making a very loud 'boy racer' noise and i got out to find that my exhaust is almost touching the ground. it looks like the back box has snapped off the tube that feeds it......can this be fixed easy enough? how much!? ps car is not modified in anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bring it to an exhaust repair centre, I'm guessing the pipe has rusted, in which case repairing it is only postponing the inevitable.

I've heard of this happenin on 307s before. does yours have especially low mileage?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭miami2007

for a whole new exhaust system do you think? theres just under 60K miles on it and i was intending selling in march/april.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You'll most likely only need a section of the exhaust, shouldn't be too dear

the exhaust comes in sections, either your centre section and back box are both rusted, or just one of them is rotten.

Most exhaust centres can supply a spurious exhaust for the car that will be cheaper than the Peugeot part. don't bother looking for a used exhaust, as that could end up like your current one very quickly. Some places may weld a replacement section in. as I said earlier, this may be a waste of time if the rest of the section is on the way out too.

thanks guys :)

• Advertisement

me again....got a price of 230 for the back box and centre piece, the centre piece i defo needed - but not sure about the back box, it looked a bit corroded but does that mean its really on the way out??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

just a quick question any other trouble with the car. would you recommend one.

hm tricky one...its my second 307 so obviously i went back for more. now, ive had this one for 15,000 miles and there is now almost 60k on it. this year il have spent about E2000 on it between a service, new battery and a bracket thing for the alternator, timing belt and now this exhaust business. but its one of the most comfortable cars around and reasonably ecomonical petrol and tax wise. hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

miami2007 wrote: »
    me again....got a price of 230 for the back box and centre piece, the centre piece i defo needed - but not sure about the back box, it looked a bit corroded but does that mean its really on the way out??

you might as well replace the back box as well

at least it is one thing less to worry about

That seems cheap for an exhaust and centre section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

miami2007 wrote: »

What place did you go to?

Advertisement