Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite musical star?

Options
  • 19-09-2008 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, who's your favourite star from any musical? Could be a singer; could be a dancer; could be both?

Mine's Gene Kelly. He was a brilliant dancer of course, and he choreographed many of the routines in his movies. He had a fabulous grace allied to a magnificent athleticism.

Unbeatable.

So, who's yours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

From the old MGM golden age, definitely Gene Kelly, and Ann Miller as a dancer - she was flawless.

More recently, Ruthie Henshall. I am so jealous of her it's not funny. Her voice is like a bell, her range is HUGE and she is also a technically brilliant dancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

I quite like Rebecca Storm (Blood Brothers)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Julie Andrews is just deadly! I love her so much. God she's just deadly.

Gene Kelly is kick ass too. I'd give anything to be able to dance like any of the stars in the classic musicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Julie Andrews

Elaine Paige

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

I love Rebecca Storm too but my all time favourites are:

Audrey Hepburn
    Gene Kelly
    Fred Astaire
    Ginger Rogers

This changes quite regularly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ive always had a soft spot for howard keel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Ahh Howard Keel is SO cool.

My problem with this thread is that I'm in awe of just about everyone who's actually decent in musicals. They're all so fangasmically talented...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Barbra Streisand, because she can act very well as well as sing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

fonpokno wrote: »
    Ahh Howard Keel is SO cool.

My problem with this thread is that I'm in awe of just about everyone who's actually decent in musicals. They're all so fangasmically talented...

yeah i know i cant pick just one to go above all others

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Stage musical: Kerry Ellis.
    Currently Elphaba in Wicked on Broadway (but back to the West End in December, yay!). Her voice is unbelievably incredible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement