Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some LDYB questions (spoilers)

• 19-09-2008 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭

Just watched the double episodes for Lay down Your Burdens for the umptheenth time (God I could watch the opening scene of Part I a million times),- just a few talking point

First, about Baltar giving the six the nuclear device-no doubt he trusted her but it feels a little too big a risk? Was he in a kind of, keep her sweet and she won't rat me out mood? Also with all the Cabals on Galactica and Old Caprica, does that not mean the Cylons already knew about the location of New Caprica? Or can we assume a Cylon can't send a message back when he/she is out of range or maybe the human models don't know co-ordinates without reading them off a panel/screen like everyone else?

Finally, after the bomb exploded-and Im REALLY nitpicking here-Adama has a discussion with Baltar about it being too dangerous to settle but never goes as far as to say "nuclear fallout appears on nearly all ships' sensors-this is a bad idea!"

One more thing, The Cylons pulled out of Caprica in these episodes and said they were gonna stop chasing the fleet. Was this a lie straight from the off? Or were they sim[ply tempted when they found new Caprica and decided it was too tempting to go back on their word.

Finally (I mean it this time)- Does anyone find the whole Roslin never liking/thrusting Baltar thing a little weird? I mean she only had legitimate suspicions after her memory recall when she was dieing-but her suspicions have gone on for most of season one and two. I often felt it was weird everyone hated/didn't trust Baltar for no good reason for most of the first two seasons.

Discuss please.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

noodler wrote: »
    First, about Baltar giving the six the nuclear device-no doubt he trusted her but it feels a little too big a risk? Was he in a kind of, keep her sweet and she won't rat me out mood? Also with all the Cabals on Galactica and Old Caprica, does that not mean the Cylons already knew about the location of New Caprica? Or can we assume a Cylon can't send a message back when he/she is out of range or maybe the human models don't know co-ordinates without reading them off a panel/screen like everyone else?
    Baltar has always had a special relationship with six, and had admitted that he loves her, so i'm guessing as a way of making her trust him (and eventually sleep with him :p), he gave her the nuke. I'm not sure of his exact motives tbh. And i dont think Cylons can communicate with each other over long distances, and certainly not through the cloud over New Caprica. Otherwise, what was the point of Gina detonating the bomb (which i assume she did to attract the Cylons)?
    Finally, after the bomb exploded-and Im REALLY nitpicking here-Adama has a discussion with Baltar about it being too dangerous to settle but never goes as far as to say "nuclear fallout appears on nearly all ships' sensors-this is a bad idea!"
    I'd say (and again i'm just guessing) that the fallout wouldnt be too severe, as they were in fairly high orbit at the time.
    One more thing, The Cylons pulled out of Caprica in these episodes and said they were gonna stop chasing the fleet. Was this a lie straight from the off? Or were they sim[ply tempted when they found new Caprica and decided it was too tempting to go back on their word.
    The Cylons changed their minds after Boomer and Caprica Six had their adventures on New Caprica, and decided that the two races needed to live together.
    Finally (I mean it this time)- Does anyone find the whole Roslin never liking/thrusting Baltar thing a little weird? I mean she only had legitimate suspicions after her memory recall when she was dieing-but her suspicions have gone on for most of season one and two. I often felt it was weird everyone hated/didn't trust Baltar for no good reason for most of the first two seasons.
    It wasnt so much that she didnt trust him in season 1...he was just a bit weird (to anyone who couldnt see Six in his head). And its quite possible it was a subconscious thing, after seeing him with Six on Caprica. And most people liked Baltar, up until mid way through season 2. Gaeta loved (and i mean loved him :p), they trusted him to pick the attack target when they were attacking the Cylon mining base, and relied on his knowledge many times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

About the bomb, I don't mean that it wouldn't be safe to settle because of radiation-I mean that the radiological alarm of any ships within a sig distance would go off.

Id say no one important liked Baltar for much of the first two seasons. Adama, Tigh, Roslin. In season 1 when the six accused him of colluding with the Cylons-theres a scene where Roslin comes to him in the jail cell and says something like "I always knew in my heart you had something to do with it all"-maybe thats just subconscious thing you were going on about but I always felt that she had no real reason to feel that way at the point.

Advertisement