Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning: Raheny Church Car Pk

Options
  • 20-09-2008 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to make people aware of the danger of parking in Raheny church car pk. I had my car broken into there Thursday. My mam had hers' broken into there before. When I called the guards they said 'oh yeah there's been a few cars there done today'! It's an absolute disgrace and I intend bringing it up with the church as something should be done be it supervised or closed for dart commuters

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Raheny = Northside

What did you expect :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Raheny = Northside

It would never happen in Crumlin, Drimnagh, Ballyfermot, Dun laoghaire, Killgobbin, Dalkey.... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

jimmay wrote: »
    I just wanted to make people aware of the danger of parking in Raheny church car pk. I had my car broken into there Thursday. My mam had hers' broken into there before. When I called the guards they said 'oh yeah there's been a few cars there done today'! It's an absolute disgrace and I intend bringing it up with the church as something should be done be it supervised or closed for dart commuters

It is a disgrace, but hardly the fault of the church is it? I would say that the person(s) who broke into the car are responsible.
    If your mothers car was done before then you should have been aware of the risk surely?

This sh1t happens in every car park in the country all the time (despite Iancurtis' statemnt regarding northside!!) so it's hardly a suprise. Supervision is probably not going to make much difference either - do you really think a car park attendant is going to approach and tackle some yob, probably armed with screwdriver (or worse), and tackle them just to protect your car?

BTW, if DART commuters cant park in the church car park they'l park in the nearby estates, and have their cars broken into there instead.

As someone who's car has been broken into both in public places and in my own garden, you have my sympathies, but getting annoyed with anyone other than the perpetrators is just wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

deswalsh wrote: »
    It is a disgrace, but hardly the fault of the church is it? I would say that the person(s) who broke into the car are responsible.
    If your mothers car was done before then you should have been aware of the risk surely?

This sh1t happens in every car park in the country all the time (despite Iancurtis' statemnt regarding northside!!) so it's hardly a suprise. Supervision is probably not going to make much difference either - do you really think a car park attendant is going to approach and tackle some yob, probably armed with screwdriver (or worse), and tackle them just to protect your car?

BTW, if DART commuters cant park in the church car park they'l park in the nearby estates, and have their cars broken into there instead.

As someone who's car has been broken into both in public places and in my own garden, you have my sympathies, but getting annoyed with anyone other than the perpetrators is just wasting your time.

You must have must understood me I am certainly not blaming the church (or God lol) for that matter I am simply making a suggestion for something to be done instead of standing around winging and letting it happen again!
    I do not expect a supervisor to be superman and save the day and while theres nothing going on to repair and wash cars but simply act as a deterrant and/or give the boys in blue a ring to alert them!

As for the genius Ian Curtis I have lived on the Northside all my life and never once had my car broken into. That was the first (& last) time I park in the church and yes I was aware of the risk which is why luckily enough I removed my radio but I had no other option of where to park. I am just making people aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Are the church happy for Dart commuters to use their car park?

Like suppose there was a funeral on a Tuesday morning, would they block it off until before people start arriving for the service?

Just curious to know, it's is private property after all and commuters are using it which I found suprising.
    I suppose fair play to them if they are making it available but commuters can't expect to use every day if the church need it back
    Raheny = Northside

A muppet comment, Raheny is a lovely area, car break ins excepted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

micmclo wrote: »
    A muppet

Yup, he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Mairt wrote: »
    Yup, he is.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

It's renowned for being a bad place to park. You're better off parking over close to the shops, or maybe out the front of the bank. At least there are cameras there and people walking by constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cor

The gates to the carpark are usually locked on the mornings when there's a funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

jimmay wrote: »
    It's an absolute disgrace and I intend bringing it up with the church as something should be done be it supervised or closed for dart commuters

So the chruch should pay for a supervisor to watch over the cars of dart commuters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

So the chruch should pay for a supervisor to watch over the cars of dart commuters?

Yeah and while their at it, should provide free breakfast and sure why not pay for the dart aswell! :rolleyes: no charge people €2 to park there for the day. Pay and ride has been introduced in most other dart owned car parks. Granted it's not Darts' property but I for one wouldn't mind paying €2, sure beats having your car broke into. I'm just trying to think of a way to stop this happening...any suggestions would be helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Raheny = Northside

my brother lives in sandyford and has had his car broken into twice in the 3 years he lives there. i live in raheny and it has never happened to him here

Advertisement