Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in the states

Options
  • 20-09-2008 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Hey guys i'm visiting the New York and Pittsburg next month and was just wondering just how much cheaper is it there to buy. Was thinking about picking up some SSDs. Could anyone recommend where to buy. Bricks and mortar shops or even online. I know people living there and i could possibly get stuff delivered to them and then bring it home. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

You could get caught by customs for importing that kind of stuff. I dunno how they deal with that in airports TBH but it's very likely to happen with things in the post from outside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Yeah they have customs checks in airports alright but they only check a couple of people per flight if at all. Worst case is i'd have to pay duty and tax. I won't be buying an ass load of stuff just a few bits and bobs some clothes too. Really would just like to know if there are any big stores in particular i should look for and if the savings are worth even with the risk of customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Not sure about walk in stores but I think Target and Wal-mart have pretty decent stock and prices. As for online, newegg have some great deals but won't deliver to europe:mad::mad::mad: so I'd check them out before you go over.

Advertisement