Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

east cork beach fishing

Options
  • 20-09-2008 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi all. I'm new to boards so hope this works. I've been bass fishing this summer for the first time but with no joy. I've become an expert on dealing with dissapointment!! I've been mostly fishing inch beach (east cork) using crab, worm, squid and mackerel and have only managed to catch 2 dog fish. Help!!! Is inch supposed to be a good spot?
    Also went digging for lug at garryvoe today but could only find a few. how deep should I be digging?
    any advice is welcome....
    Are other beaches in east cork worth fishing?
    :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Popanddrop

Inch is a fantastic spot for bass. If you want to improve catch rates make sure bait is fresh, you can cast optimum distance but also remember thta bass can be very very close in. For lugworm, you should only be digging to a max. of maybe 2.5ft after that keep moving, look out for their coils on the surface or ask around for a better digging zone, any other questions please ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chipduncan

thanks popanddrop.
    was digging at the right spot i think..... right of the rocks at the caravan park side of the beach and there were plenty large coils of what i presume were black lug (hole in centre of coil). i was possibly not digging deep enough.

Saw someone using a bait pump on youtube. Has anyone used these? any good? are they available in the tackle shops? Have spent far too much on not so fresh bait from shops so maybe time to take bait collecting a bit more seriously....

Advertisement