Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translate dreams

Options
  • 20-09-2008 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

This isnt a PI thread.

I recently split with my other half and it was a split I didnt enjoy

Since then (two months) and over the past week expecially I have been having dreams involving her. So much so that I have been waking up convinced that we are still going out only reminding myself that we are not.

Any ideas what this means and why it is happening now ? I havent spoken to her since.... Cant see why these dreams are happening now !?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Well the obvious answer would be wish fulfillment-you didn't enjoy the breakup, you want to be back together, or back to a happy state you were in, or at least not in a post relationship stage, and your brain picks up on that and creates dreams to that effect. Why is this happening now? Do you mean why is it still happening, you seem to suggest that you had the dreams after the break up too? Multiple reasons are possible, as already outlined, along with wanting to avoid dealing with it, not having moved on, still wanting her in your life, etc. Its up to you to decide what makes the most sense I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Cheers....

I see what your saying.

I didnt explain myself very well. I had two dreams in the two months broken up but in the last week I have had them each and every night. Each becoming more vivid and stronger in the sense of belief that the relationship was still intact.

I havent had any contact or any abnormal dealings to spark such dreams. I was just wondering, why would they come so quick and as frequent as they are now without stimulant ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Well perhaps there has been a stimulant that you aren't acknowledging or aware of? It doesn't have to be directly related to her necessarily, perhaps you have a friend who has started a new relationship or something? Have any significant dates passed lately, your/her birthday, anniversary, etc, where you would generally expect to spend time together?You haven't had any contact but have you been thinking of her, or thinking about moving on?

Advertisement