Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Arena (1989)

• 20-09-2008 2:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been posted before. Too many hits on the word 'arena' to go through. On the off chance this hasn't been posted before, a broadcast from the BBC (thats the monarchists media across the Irish Sea) snapshotting metal in their country at the time. The footage of Metallica is as they were in Dun Laoire a few days before.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7574758784593826253

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I still have that on VHS somewhere.

There are more complete sets of Metalica and Slayer, about 4 full songs from each. Slayer on the South Of Heaven tour was something special too.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Great stuff. Cool footage too of Slayer doing Raining Blood with Tom bouncing his brain off his cranium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

Man I remember that show, was the first time I saw any footage of Slayer. Was talked about for weeks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

dasdog wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been posted before. Too many hits on the word 'arena' to go through. On the off chance this hasn't been posted before, a broadcast from the BBC (thats the monarchists media across the Irish Sea) snapshotting metal in their country at the time. The footage of Metallica is as they were in Dun Laoire a few days before.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7574758784593826253

Nice one,

Though for a second I thought I read that the link was actual footage of Metallica in Dun Laoghaire!! :eek: Id have been 7 or 8...

Doctor J has told me of these epic Top Hat nights, correct sir?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Sorry bout double post folks but I noticed at 13:38 into the documentary, theres a bus that says 'Len Wright Travel' which goes past the camera. The very same bus company used by Metallica on that terrible night in '86.

http://www.ilikethat.com/metallica/img/bus_crash100.jpg

Not the most cheeriest thing to notice I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i saw that programm when i was 14

loved it then love it now

Advertisement