Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Places

Options
  • 20-09-2008 5:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hey guys

i lived in dublin in 2006 and now im back =)

So is there any new club, pub, gay place to go???

cheerss

xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

As far as I can see, no. Some names changed and thats about it. Maybe some new gay nights in a few clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

GUBU has closed, and Pantibar has reopened in its place. No more pool table or those insane couch-thingies now.

Was The Dragon called The Dragon in 2006? If not, SoSuMe on Sth Great Georges Street is now officially a gay bar/club called The Dragon rather than just being confused like it used to be...

I can't remember if Yello was still around in 2006 - but its gone now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

MYOB wrote: »
    GUBU has closed, and Pantibar has reopened in its place...
    And will host Mr Gay Ireland next month. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Chatmaster wrote: »
    And will host Mr Gay Ireland next month. :D

No, Mr Gay Ireland is being hosted in The Academy (formerly Spirit). Pantibar is far too small to host the finals as its a big event these days - but it did have a heat already.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

MYOB wrote: »
    No, Mr Gay Ireland is being hosted in The Academy (formerly Spirit). Pantibar is far too small to host the finals as its a big event these days - but it did have a heat already.

Are you sure? All the posters I've seen are for Pantibar.. I think.

Where can I get the info to be sure it's right? I'm confused now!

Pantibar does appear to be small.. never been in there.

Also where is The Academy?

Edit: Is this the right place click > entertainment.ie .. if so then cool.. I'm staying on Fleet street so no walk at all really. :D

Also have a look here: Academy Events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

yup, thats right

Advertisement