Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Internet banking, how to and is it safe?

Options
  • 20-09-2008 10:09am

Hey guys,

Long story short;

I need to send a guy some money and i have to get it to him pretty soon. Handiest way about this is to send it via AIB internet banking.

However, i dont have my own account so im gonna have to use my brothers "cashsave" account.

So i have two questions:

1. can anyone give me a brief outline on how exactly i can make a quick payment to this guy (i have his account number and sort code)

2. When i send the money, is he able to view the sort code, account number, etc. that it came from? or are my brothers details kept safely away from him?

Sorry if this has been asked 100,000 times before but im kinda rushed and just looking for some quick info, and a boards.ie search fo rsimlar threads didnt return any results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

See transfer money on left, select once off transfer.

Enter relevent details, you will then be given option of naming transaction on both your brothers, and other guys account. Name it what you want and done.

:pac:
    Hey guys,

Long story short;

I need to send a guy some money and i have to get it to him pretty soon. Handiest way about this is to send it via AIB internet banking.

However, i dont have my own account so im gonna have to use my brothers "cashsave" account.

So i have two questions:

1. can anyone give me a brief outline on how exactly i can make a quick payment to this guy (i have his account number and sort code)

2. When i send the money, is he able to view the sort code, account number, etc. that it came from? or are my brothers details kept safely away from him?

Sorry if this has been asked 100,000 times before but im kinda rushed and just looking for some quick info, and a boards.ie search fo rsimlar threads didnt return any results.

Huggles wrote: »

See transfer money on left, select once off transfer.

Enter relevent details, you will then be given option of naming transaction on both your brothers, and other guys account. Name it what you want and done.

:pac:

So the other guy doesnt actually get to see any of his info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

No only what you choose to put on it. Just put your name and that'll all he'll see. From experience if you put nothing, all he will see is a credit on his account with the narrative AIB 24 hour banking.

Advertisement