Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college courses

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

Piste wrote: »
    But I wont be getting a high grade in maths, and Irish and English can be a bit dodgy, so it makes sense to have two extra subjects to count for points.
    what extra subjects do you do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Doing more than 6 subjects is great craic anyway. I spent most Art classes doodling and chatting or staring into space. And it didn't affect my LC results one bit. It's good to have things to fall back on, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I do music outside school.

I know that this is late but a question,
    now I find economics hard and want to move AND I tried talking to all the teathers but they wont move me. I want to do home ec instead and they said I missed 6 chapters but they are introduction,I REALLY WANT TO MOVE

WHAT CAN I DO?
    I cant do it outside because its expensive and when will you have time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It's only 7 weeks into 5th year, not that far into the course, can't see why they'd not let you switch! My school let me move to biology in April of 5th year. Try and get your parents to write you a note I guess?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 daffy-duck

ayumi wrote: »
    I have 3 ordinary subjects

well dont take this the wrong way, but in my opinion your obviously not cut out for medicine if your doing three ordinary level subjects. sorry pet.

I dont understand you daffy-duck,and piste I think your right and ill write a for monday.there stupid to not let me switch

does any1 do home ec,if you do what do you think abt it for a person to switch now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 minik

Business is a nice sub if you're doing economics... Not awfully hard!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

I think what Daffy Duck means is that if you're doing 3 OL subjects it is possible that you're not cut out for medicine, as it (currently) requires in excess of 560 points, and with your current subject choices/levels the max you'll get is 520, assuming you get 6A1's.

As others have mentioned, if you really do want to do medicine is to put biomedical science/biochemistry/other 3rd level biology degree down on CAO too, and work hard to get into graduate medicine.

I cant move out of economics bec the problem is that Ill will also change my biology class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

ayumi wrote: »
    I kinda think it might be,but Im not that confident with it.I got 5 Bs,4 Cs and an A in junior cert.It is possilbe if the HPAT test will be available in 2010.I thought of doing another HL subject but what should I do?
    ITll BE TOO MUCH TO STUDY,BETTER OFF GETTING 4 A1s !! :D

I think you're being a bit unrealistic in expecting 4 A1s. You're actually putting yourself under more pressure than if you did 6 HL papers. Do your research into 'back doors' into medicine.

deemark wrote: »
    I think you're being a bit unrealistic in expecting 4 A1s. You're actually putting yourself under more pressure than if you did 6 HL papers. Do your research into 'back doors' into medicine.
    I researched courses and Ive decided to do pharmacy or dentistry which are less points then med but they can go up!

Advertisement