Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Tests

Options
  • 20-09-2008 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

If the first line is bold and the second line is feint, is that a positive test?:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Probably:D If there's a (second) line there at all then it's positive. Repeat in a couple of days and the line should be darker. Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

If the first line is bold and the second line is feint, is that a positive test?:eek:

Any line is a sign IMO!!! so yes.

Just to be sure, you should do another test tomorrow morning...

I found first response worked best for me.

Oh and Congratulations!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

littlebug wrote: »
    Probably:D If there's a line there at all then it's positive. Repeat in a couple of days and the line should be darker. Congrats!

Eh no, some tests have two lines, one to day the test and work and the second is if you are pregnant or not. So check the instructions that came with the test to see which line is which. IF the faint one is the pregnancy indicator and you have not yet missed your period or have only missed it by a few days then I would suggest trying again in 3 days, drink a lot of water the night before and test your first wee of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Maybe buy a digital one as well. They say pregnant or not pregnant. I bought about 4 tests in the end and they all said positive in one form or other but I still couldn't believe it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭click4444

stop wasting money go to the docter you will know for sure :) Best of luck :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Eh no, some tests have two lines, one to day the test and work and the second is if you are pregnant or not. So check the instructions that came with the test to see which line is which. IF the faint one is the pregnancy indicator and you have not yet missed your period or have only missed it by a few days then I would suggest trying again in 3 days, drink a lot of water the night before and test your first wee of the day.

that's the problem I'm tryna find out which line is which but it doesn't say on the instructions. I don't think I can wait three days lol

click4444 wrote: »

He's not open today :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Thaedydal wrote: »

Eh that's what I meant.:o.. if there's a second line at all. Edited to clarify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

click4444 wrote: »

Not always, my doc told me I wasn't pregnant and lo and behold, look at me now!

I went back to the pharmacy, and told her I didn't want any of this line biz, I wanted a yay or nay one lol, it came up yay!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Goin to docs on Mon in any event, thanks guys xx :D

• Advertisement

Not always, my doc told me I wasn't pregnant and lo and behold, look at me now!

Oh jees pmsl....I bet you love going to visit him now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't go to visit him now! I've avoided him ever since, I have to go back soon to get my maternity benefit forms signed though :(

Oh! And congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Congratulations!!!

Exciting times ahead. Make sure you are taking your folic acid and feet up.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Congratulations!

Doctors are useless in very early pregnancy :) I went to mine, had quite a definite positive on a clearblue test, and he tested using a little cartridge thingy and there was no line - the tests they use aren't that responsive, unless, of course, they take a blood test. If they do that, though, your home test would probably be more definite by the time you get the results back. I second the previous poster, digital is the way to go, it was more real to me, and especially to my husband, when we saw it written in english :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats templetonpeck:)

Is it baby #1?

oops only checking back now, thanks everyone.

Yes Moonbeams it's my first, so as I said in the other thread, I'm a bit nervous, but hopefully all will be okay.

I love your sigs btw!! It makes interesting reading :D

PS: Moonbeams....you're not on another forum are you???

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Gossipgirl24

Does anyone think the dealz /euros hop tests are any good ? Or what brand do you use ? My period isn't very regular and I'm ttc so I'm I don't want to be spending a fortune on the expensive brands as I'm a serial tester 😅😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Does anyone think the dealz /euros hop tests are any good ? Or what brand do you use ? My period isn't very regular and I'm ttc so I'm I don't want to be spending a fortune on the expensive brands as I'm a serial tester 😅😅😅

Yes my first positive test was a 'mr price' one that had 2 sticks for 2 euro or something

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I got a packet on Amazon last summer that had 20 sticks for £6. Worth checking there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement