Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

None so far I don't think.

Robinho got the first, Elano the second and Jo the third.

Ireland has run the show though. Won so many tackles as well. Commentators are practically **** over him.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

SantryRed wrote: »
    How many assists for Ireland?

He's in my fantasy team:D
    None :p And he's my captain

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hows Kompany playing so far?

Solid as always. Breaking up things in midfield with Ireland. Looks a good partnership in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

S. Ireland is a god

WAT A PASS :eek:

Lol there's your assist for Ireland!

SWP!!!! 4-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Solid as always. Breaking up things in midfield with Ireland. Looks a good partnership in there.

A Reid x 2 + Ireland midfield would be devestating for Ireland. Shame it isn't going to happen.

A Reid x 2 + Ireland midfield would be devestating for Ireland. Shame it isn't going to happen.

Well everyone in the international setup should be breaking their balls to convince him to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Cahill scores, very messy from a corner. Doubts over whether it crossed the line.

2-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

5-0 Evans

More Robinho magick!

It's 5!!!!!!!!!!

Young Ched :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Everton back to 2 all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

6:pac:

Lol it's feckin 6!!!!!!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Surely its near the end now?

• Advertisement

5 mins left. Time for 3 more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

5 mins left. Time for 3 more!

sounds like a cracking game, cant wait to see the highlights later

Absolute magic there from SWP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Man City have been very impressive, never would have predicted anything near that scoreline.

Spurs draw at home to Wigan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Absolute magic there from SWP!

Doh!!!!! Transferred him out this week. He would have been the unique kind of player to have set my team out from everyone else's, as most people seem to be lingering on the mid 30 pt. mark.

WMz09244.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Roy Keane will be breathing a sigh of relief after that. He really dodged a bullet on that Kaboul chap.

As for Portsmouth? What a woeful and gutless performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Now Xavi, you might want to reassess how many games City can win this season. As I said after watching their first couple of games, I see them ripping apart defenses with the attacking players in the squad.
    Do you think they win 20+ now?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Now Xavi, you might want to reassess how many games City can win this season. As I said after watching their first couple of games, I see them ripping apart defenses with the attacking players in the squad.
    Do you think they win 20+ now?

Honestly? No, not 20. Maybe 15 to 18 but not enough to be in the mix.

Today was frighteningly good form an attacking point of view but we're still dodgy at the back, left back in particular. Zabaleta looks the part though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Honestly? No, not 20. Maybe 15 to 18 but not enough to be in the mix.

Today was frighteningly good form an attacking point of view but we're still dodgy at the back, left back in particular. Zabaleta looks the part though.

Epic Lolz at Corluka upsticks'in and heading down South. Talk about bad timing.

The goals from today -

Jo
    Dunny
    Robinho
    SWP
    Evans
    Gelson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Pompey once again show that their defence can't deal with any sort of real pace whatsoever. It's hilarious. Great stuff from City, Hughes has them playing with real creativity which is nice to see.

Lol at all the egg on David James' face. Early this week he was interviewed about the game. Here's what he said -

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1058581/Pompeys-James-reserving-opinion-Man-Citys-34m-man-Robinho.html
    Pompey keeper James will reserve opinion on £34million man Robinho until after Eastlands clash

So, he comes from Brazil, played for Real Madrid, cost £34million and scored on his Manchester City debut.

So what, says Portsmouth keeper David James, who will check out Robinho with his own eyes before committing himself to an opinion on the most expensive footballer to set foot in the Barclays Premier League.

So David, do you know anything about Robinho? ‘I know nothing about him.’

Is he the sort of footballer you like to watch? ‘Don’t know anything about him.’

Don’t you watch much foreign football? ‘No.’

Did you see his goal last week? ‘The deflection? Yeah, I saw that.’

As a former Manchester City player, James hopes the spectacular investment from Abu Dhabi’s royal family will ensure a happy future for the club’s long-suffering supporters but he is reluctant to go overboard.

One thing the Portsmouth keeper will admit ahead of his return to City is that the club never looked likely to lavish so much cash on one player when he was there.

‘Strewth, anyone paying £34m was never going to happen anywhere until this guy turned up,’ said James.

‘I think it’s good for football that you’ve got a guy prepared to put an enormous amount of his money in and doesn’t have to borrow it.

‘Ultimately you can only play 11 players and no team has ever won every game.

'Therefore there’s an opportunity to spoil the party.'

Wonder if he's heard of Robinho now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Stephen Ireland played some lovely passes for goals today.

Looks international retirement is really helping his club form.

Fair play to him.

• Advertisement

would it be possible to give that post by des a thumbs down like on youtube?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Oh to be an Irish football fan. The best midfielder we've got and he doesn't want to play for us.

I've said before that at times when Stephen Ireland's on top form it's like the ball is attracted to his feet like a magnet. He only showed top form in patches last season but Mark Hughes seems to be getting the very best out of him at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Des wrote: »
    Stephen Ireland played some lovely passes for goals today.

Looks international retirement is really helping his club form.

Fair play to him.

:D He does look like he is going to be a very, very good player. I am sure city fans will be hoping he does not come out of international retirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Click this estie...

thumbsdown.png

i'd say he will be passing it to opposition players before the end of October.

good one there des...cute....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Shocking from Everton for their second goal

2 defenders go for the same ball, and the keeper would have easily had it if they'd left it.

CALL IT YOU GOONS!

Robinho, Wright-Philips, and Ireland looked frickin awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I know it hard to be critical of a team winning 6-0 but I thought Robinho was poor with the chance he had at 2-0. He went around James really well then came back passed him, instead of having a proper shot he did that stupid right foot behind left flick. As it turned out it wasnt important but they are the type stupid things that can cost you. On another day Pompey could have pulled it back to 2-2.

SWP one with the back heel was luicky that it went through for a goal but its 2/4 of the time thats going to be a watsed chance from a good position.

I know it sounds like nitpicking but I just hate pointless showboating in those positions and its just so much worse when it leads to a good scorign chance wasted. I play with a guy every week that does it 3 or 4 times a game and I just want to punch him.

Thought James was poor for the 1st and for SWP goal.

Great win for City though. Robinho is going to be huge this season. Hoping for a couple of off days against Liverpool. :)

Spurs continue the poor run. Doubt they will be anywhere near the relegation zone in a few more games but it's not the sort of form they were looking at before the season started.

Stekelly wrote: »
    I know it hard to be critical of a team winning 6-0 but I thought Robinho was poor with the chance he had at 2-0. He went around James really well then came back passed him, instead of having a proper shot he did that stupid right foot behind left flick. As it turned out it wasnt important but they are the type stupid things that can cost you. On another day Pompey could have pulled it back to 2-2.

SWP one with the back heel was luicky that it went through for a goal but its 2/4 of the time thats going to be a watsed chance from a good position.

I know it sounds like nitpicking but I just hate pointless showboating in those positions and its just so much worse when it leads to a good scorign chance wasted. I play with a guy every week that does it 3 or 4 times a game and I just want to punch him.

Thought James was poor for the 1st and for SWP goal.

Great win for City though. Robinho is going to be huge this season. Hoping for a couple of off days against Liverpool. :)

Spurs continue the poor run. Doubt they will be anywhere near the relegation zone in a few more games but it's not the sort of form they were looking at before the season started.

Wow if you're nitpicking at a performance like that then I can only imagine what you said about the Pool effort! :p

Over the course of 90 minutes we were unbelievable going forward. The lads look like they've been playing together for years and ooze confidence. Made for some great viewing.

Nice to see Sparky giving Stevie Ireland the praise he deserves in his post match interview with the Beeb -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7628319.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

everyone gets a thrashing once a season. We were awful and Man city were on fire. Several players with points to prove and they proved them brilliantly.

We'll be back. What's the chances we hammer Spurs next week and Man city lose 4-nil. I think it's going to be one of those seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

We'll be back. What's the chances we hammer Spurs next week and Man city lose 4-nil. I think it's going to be one of those seasons.
    Absolutely no chance! Piggy Power will give you a 1000-1 if you'd like to partake in a wager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Pighead wrote: »
    Absolutely no chance! Piggy Power will give you a 1000-1 if you'd like to partake in a wager.

OK, one pint of guinness that we win by three clear goals.

and i want pints, not cans:D

Advertisement