Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much more stupid can Josh Howard get

Options
  • 20-09-2008 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭

DALLAS (AP)—The battered reputation of Josh Howard took another hit this week when an online video surfaced showing the Dallas Mavericks forward disrespecting the national anthem.

In a video posted on YouTube, Howard is shown on a football field at a charity flag football game. As the national anthem plays in the background, Howard approaches a camera and says: “‘The Star Spangled Banner’ is going on right now. I don’t even celebrate that (expletive). I’m black.”

Howard’s agent, Jeff Schwartz, did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment. Donnie Nelson, the Mavericks’ president of basketball operations, directed questions to team owner Mark Cuban, who in an e-mail declined to comment.

The incident is the latest off-court problem for Howard, a fifth-year pro from Wake Forest who averaged 19.9 points and seven rebounds last season. He was arrested in July when police said he was drag racing at 94 mph in a 55 zone. A court appearance was scheduled for next week.

Howard was criticized last season for saying in a radio interview during a first-round playoff series against New Orleans that he occasionally smokes marijuana. Later that same series, he angered coach Avery Johnson by throwing himself a birthday bash after a Game 4 loss to the Hornets

Hey Josh, how about showing a small piece of respect to a country that allows you to earn millions of dollars regardless of your color!!! You obviously have not been held back due to your lack of intelligence or ability to act like a valuable member of society:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I dunno what this guy is up to tbh. He's hurting his pocket more then anything come negotiation time. A clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭younge

Ya great player, but very stupid.

Advertisement