Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming since the upgrade

Options
  • 20-09-2008 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

How is everyone getting on since the upgrade? Personally speaking the pings have gotten higher and a lot more unstable rendering online gaming unplayable. Just wish they fix the problem and be done with it. WAR is out now and I want to game dagnamit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

I feel your pain! LOL. COD4 has been awful for me since the upgrade on 9th of Aug, so bad that I've tried to learn and compensate for the lag/ping!! I was on 2Mb and only got ugraded to 3Mb, my ISP is UTV.......in fact my ICE Broadband is way better then UTV for gaming at the moment! That's how bad my DSL is at the moment, great for Eircom though as I'm seriously considering going back to them, a bit like lots of others, who is your ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

UTV :)

May consider dropping down to the 3meg package if it sorts out the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

I'm on the new 3Mb package, it was the pre-upgrade 2Mb package, I am still seeing high pings and inconsistent speeds, so dunno if changing package would fix it, also I think they charge you for this, but I'm sure you could put up a good case or just change provider, there is already a thread about UTV on this page, did you have a read at that, we're not alone! lol.

Advertisement