Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Dundalk?

Options
  • 20-09-2008 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

What's the parking like in Dundalk? Will be heading up on a 9-5 basis for a few days next month and am looking for parking near the courthouse.

Thanks

ding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Best bet is park at the rear of the Imperial hotel that way you won't have to feed meter as you pay per hour yet only 3 minute walk from Courthouse.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You can park beside the cinema. It's only €2/day and only a couple of minutes walk from the court house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

u can park in my garden..............FREE 2 hrs walk to courrhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Another €2/day Council car park across d road from the Courthouse, through St. Patricks Cathedral and across d road on the far side of the Ramparts Road. about 3 mins walk.
    If you want to PM me I can email u a map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Thanks cargo. Found that car park easily using your map and saved a few quid over the couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Squishyi

Does anyone know how much it costs to park around clanbrassil street for the day (9-6)and is there a rate for employees who work in the shops on these streets as I may be taking a job around there and would like to know just how much I have to pay?also does anyone know if it is still €2 to park in the car park beside the cinema for the day?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

I am pretty sure Carroll Village (Superquinn) is free to park in and its just across from the cinema.

Thanks very much that would be great :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I can't remember how much it is per day to park beside the cinema, but it's definitely advertised as a 'long term stay car park' so it has a €/day rate.

I'm not sure what employees do on Clanbrassil Street in terms of parking - it's not all that easy to get parked there at peak times, sometimes you have to drive up and then back down to find a space!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I can't remember how much it is per day to park beside the cinema, but it's definitely advertised as a 'long term stay car park' so it has a €/day rate.

I'm not sure what employees do on Clanbrassil Street in terms of parking - it's not all that easy to get parked there at peak times, sometimes you have to drive up and then back down to find a space!

According to gf, it is €3 per day.
    Was €2, but they upped their price, inflation and all that. :pac:

• Advertisement

Aw thanks a million that's great thanks for all your help!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

annex wrote: »
    I am pretty sure Carroll Village (Superquinn) is free to park in and its just across from the cinema.

Nearly sure there are NCPS signs up around that car park advertising that it's a short term car park and clamping is in operation for anyone using it long term for free parking. Think I remember seeing them as you go out the back entrance over by Pearse Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

cargo wrote: »
    Nearly sure there are NCPS signs up around that car park advertising that it's a short term car park and clamping is in operation for anyone using it long term for free parking. Think I remember seeing them as you go out the back entrance over by Pearse Park.

It was pay parking before Superquinn left, then they just left the barriers up, probably to try and get people into the place so it may have changed since it reopened.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

annex wrote: »
    It was pay parking before Superquinn left, then they just left the barriers up, probably to try and get people into the place so it may have changed since it reopened.

Well it was technically pay parking as you needed to get a ticket and all that, but if I remember correctly (which I often don't :o ) the first 3 hours were free, so for the most part, you wouldn't have to pay anything for shopping in Superquinn - it was even handy for the cinema!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Well it was technically pay parking as you needed to get a ticket and all that, but if I remember correctly (which I often don't :o ) the first 3 hours were free, so for the most part, you wouldn't have to pay anything for shopping in Superquinn - it was even handy for the cinema!

As of today Carroll Village parking is definitely still free. If you are there in the morning time you will notice nearly all the people parking are heading over Clanbrassil Street direction.

Not sure if they have plans to introduce clamping or not in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

bigneacy wrote: »
    As of today Carroll Village parking is definitely still free. If you are there in the morning time you will notice nearly all the people parking are heading over Clanbrassil Street direction.

Not sure if they have plans to introduce clamping or not in the near future.

I would say they will have pay parking back on Monday morning in the Carroll Village car park.

Advertisement