Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick NCT question!

Options
  • 20-09-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I'm clueless when it comes to cars. My Seat Ibiza failed the other week and I'm gonna sort out the failure bits today. One thing that failed was the alingment of the headlights, the other was a broken stop light bulb that I'm sure I'll be able to figure out on my own. I'm presuming the headlight thing is something that takes 5 minutes for a garage to fix? Can anyone recommend anywhere in the Blackrock/Dun Laoghaire area that might do it at short notice ie today?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Hi guys

I'm clueless when it comes to cars. My Seat Ibiza failed the other week and I'm gonna sort out the failure bits today. One thing that failed was the alingment of the headlights, the other was a broken stop light bulb that I'm sure I'll be able to figure out on my own. I'm presuming the headlight thing is something that takes 5 minutes for a garage to fix? Can anyone recommend anywhere in the Blackrock/Dun Laoghaire area that might do it at short notice ie today?

Thanks in advance!
    ISA Motors Brookfield tce Blackrock have all the gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Cheers, tried them and no answer.

Got quoted 30 quid off the only place in Dun Laoghaire that answered/had the gear, is that about the money you'd expect to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Got quoted 30 quid off the only place in Dun Laoghaire that answered/had the gear, is that about the money you'd expect to pay?

Yea if your just getting that done, that's probably about right... most fast-fit type places have the equipment too...

If your getting a few jobs done they might only charge you €20 for to have the head lights aligned.

At the end of the day if you can get through the NCT with just a few bulbs and getting the headlights aligned, happy days then...

Also make sure to get the few little things done and a new test booked within the 28 days, as they will only test these on the re-test then....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You would be lucky to find any garage in Blackrock / Dunlaoghaire working after lunch on a sat.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

€30? :eek:

In the UK after a fail, a friendly MOT garage will let you do them for nowt as long as the adjusters are accessible.

For that price I'd rather do them myself at night with a couple of chalk crosses marked on a wall somewhere level! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement