Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Doughnut?

• 20-09-2008 1:47pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm sitting here eating it right now, which is why I decided to post.

My favourite doughnut is vanilla filled doughnuts. I know jam/chocolate filled will be the most popular ones, but im interested to see what other people are fond of.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I loveeeee Boston Cream donuts... YUM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Those long ones, sliced with REAL cream and that red strawberry sauce, dusted with icing sugar.

prod-patisserie03.jpg:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

That isn't a donut, rubadub. Anyway, I can think of my favourite donut, but I don't know what the stuff in it is! It's just one that's filled with a golden-coloured cream.

Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Deep fried ring doughnut like they used to sell in that kiosk on O'Connell St.

(The only O'Connell St that matters, the one in Dublin - before some Corkonian comes on ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TheDude2008

If any of ye guys ever lived in Canada there a chain called tim hortons they have the best doughnuts, actually there selling them in some supermarkets here now, but they are way too expensive not like in canada , where i would get 6 in a box for $3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Deep fried ring doughnut like they used to sell in that kiosk on O'Connell St.
    But they do still sell them, don't they?!

Kevster wrote: »
    That isn't a donut, rubadub.
    :confused: then what is it?

http://www.countrystyle.co.uk/prod-patisserie.htm
    Dairy cream doughnut
    A finger doughnut split and filled with dairy cream and fruity jam and dusted with icing sugar.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Jam ones, preferably from Krispy Kreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

peanut butter and jelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

That isn't a donut, rubadub. Anyway, I can think of my favourite donut, but I don't know what the stuff in it is! It's just one that's filled with a golden-coloured cream.

Kevin

Yes it is, it's a cream doughnut. They're my favourite, I love when you get them sprinkled with caster sugar (as opposed to icing sugar).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Jam doughnuts yes, Boston Creme yes, long cream finger thing with cream and jam yes, greasy bimbo donuts from Spain si.

Is there a Krispy Kreme here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Tim Hortons or Krispy Kreme glazed... yummy.
    Or cinnamon ones from the guy in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Raspberry Monty In Fairplay (Actually Topaz now)

Absoloutly frickin' love 'em

tim hortons is teh sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Regular glazed for me, simple. :) Not a huge doughnut fan but have been known to make late night trips to Dunkin Donuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Thanks for this thread - I'm going to go out and get myself a Tim Horton's Double Chocolate Fill donut tomorrow (creamy chocolate centre and a hard outer-casing of chocolate too.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Gotta be plain with sugar.

Thanks for this thread - I'm going to go out and get myself a Tim Horton's Double Chocolate Fill donut tomorrow (creamy chocolate centre and a hard outer-casing of chocolate too.)
    The good thing about fully coated donuts is they act like a wrapper to keep them fresh, dunno if the hortons is fully coated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The ones with the purple jam in them.

Mmmm.....purple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I loveeeee Boston Cream donuts... YUM.

First one I ever had was in America and was heaven and even though ive tried a couple here, nothing compares :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Any good donut shop recommendations?

Tim Hortons... Most Spars have one... even the manky one in Ballymun Shopping Centre has a Tim Hortons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,396 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Love the 911 chocolate one, with like custard in it, or somethingthat I'm not fully sure of. Gorgeous. Must buy loads soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Chocolate Cake Glazed from Dunken's is teh sex. I

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

Passenger wrote: »
    Gotta be plain with sugar.
    yeah. less is more when it comes to donuts. i used to live near a place that had like a conveyor belt thing that made the donuts right in front of you and you could buy them while they were still hot. i've never had nicer donuts. they did cinnamon donuts as well that were a nice change

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

Ring doughnut with the sticky pink icing and sprinkles! Delicious :D;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Aldee84

The ones from the Esso garages oh god they are sex in a bite, they do a pink iced one with jam in middle and flakings of white chocolate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Aldee84

I can see how much everyone is raving about Tim Hortons, there is a Texeco across from the Spawell in Templeogue which has a drive through Tim Hortons like the way Mc Donalds works, been tempted many a time to do it but guilt takes over

Advertisement