Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ananda@Dundrum

• 20-09-2008 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Has anyone gone to this new restaurant in Dundrum?

I tried to find information about its menu but could not find it. Does anyone know what price should I expect for a standard three courses menu with wine for two people?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/Restaurants/Dundrum/Ananda.aspx

Edit: I see they don't have the menu up, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 churrusco

Yep. Finally I booked a table. Let's see how it goes...

Thanks anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Ate here last Thursday. Really enjoyed it. You can certainly see Atul Kochhar's influence. I had wanted to eat in one of his restaurants for years, but while this is not entirely the same thing (more of a joint venture with Jaipur) the standard was very good.

We had two main courses, one dessert, one coffee, a glass of wine and a soft drink. Total came to 72 euro. Service was excellent. Restaurant was very quiet (being the opening week) but the overall experience was very polished. I would question the location of the restaurant, given that it's situated beside KFCs, Pizza Hut, TGI, they might have a problem drawing customers in at the upper end of the Indian Cuisine market. Still, I'll be back.

I had the Thali (5 small dishes) which was spicey, but delicious and plentiful (28 Euro).
    The OH had the free-range chicken stuffed with Rose Petal, lavender and pistachio. Amazing. (~24 euro).
    Lots of wines by the glass.

Oh I see. Thanks for sharing that.

It scared me that we could book a table for the night on a Saturday morning, but Krusty that seems excellent. I was expecting something dearer. Looking forward for it.

So finally ate there yesterday and it was absolutely terrific. The bill came up to 50 euros per head but definitely very well spent.

We had two starters which were both delicious. Jumbo prawns and chicken supremes both really well presented and extremely tasty, yuuum. I copied Krustyclown and had the 28€ Thali which was excellent and quite big, enough to share I would say. My gf had the Duck which was also very tasty. To drink just water and glass of wine.

To finish it up we got a selection of ice creams 7€? and sorbets 6€? which I personally found average but my gf loved. A grand total of 96€

In every plate presentation was exquisite and service was also excellent and non intrusive. I am not a big spender and normally do not like to let go 100 euros in a single night but will definitely come back here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Nice to see they're keeping their website up to date. Maybe they're trying to keep their opening a secret for some reason. I'm still waiting for my free email newsletter :)

http://www.anandarestaurant.ie

How did you guys get to know it was open by the way?

i just live quite close to the shopping centre and saw it open.

Alun wrote: »
    How did you guys get to know it was open by the way?
    Saw it mentioned on the Dundrum SC website, while checking to see if Nandos had opened yet (worlds apart, but great all the same!). Have been waiting for this one to open for a while. It's still early days, and the initial hiccups are to be expected (no non-alcoholic beers, not open lunch-time, etc.).

Also, when you walk up the steps past KFC (:rolleyes:) the place looks closed, I almost turned away (my OH and I didn't have a reservation). But persevere, and you will be duly rewarded. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks for that. I've never been to the Dundrum town centre / shopping centre or whatever it's called (or indeed any of the others in Dublin for that matter!) as I hate those kinds of places with a passion, so I've no idea of the geography of the place at all. Looks like I'll have to take the plunge though.

For those of you that have eaten at Jaipur or any of their other restaurants such as the (much closer to me) Chakra in Greystones, is there any significant difference between their menus / styles to Ananda?

I've eaten in Chackra, and am a regular in Rasam in Glasthule.
    The difference is in the variety and quality of the flavours.

Ananda is less traditional and more haute cusine. Having said that, Ananda is probably 90% Jaipur, and 10% Atul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ate there last night and thought that it was pretty damn good. Service was slow but they apologised saying that they were short-staffed for the night.

We had two starters (duck and guinea fowl), two main courses (duck and monkfish), three glasses of wine and two espressos which came to a total of €90 approx.

Quality was excellent - really nice flavours with each sauce focussing on a single spice rather than overpowering you with a general curry flavour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

sooo cant wait to go only down side is that one person cant drink and has to be dessie,:(

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Ate there last week, the food was great (another one for Thali) and not over priced. But the location really put me off! Having to park in that awful shopping centre place and walk miles through it to get to it was a big negative. Shame they didn't open it in the city centre!

muckety wrote: »
    Ate there last week, the food was great (another one for Thali) and not over priced. But the location really put me off! Having to park in that awful shopping centre place and walk miles through it to get to it was a big negative. Shame they didn't open it in the city centre!
    That have an outside entrance now, so you can park in the car-park on the outside (beside the school). No, I don't have anything to do with the restaurant, I just frequent Dundrum often!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mister-Darcy

Alun wrote: »
    I've never been to the Dundrum town centre / shopping centre or whatever it's called

:DWell done!!!! DON'T GO!!!!!...
    it is great for shopping...meeting people...blah blah blah, but it isn't REALLY Dundrum:mad:, they should have called it something else(!) OR built it kind of the same as the old (only new) (!)
    I'm from around there:D and the driver of the bus that used to take me to school would always say stuff like 'why don't you move' or 'where is this place' (more than once)....but even so, it was sooooooo nice there and everyone was polite and helpful, it was relaxing and had such a community spirit about it......plonking that tub of concrete down and calling it "Dundrum" (while the rest (and the real) Dundrum goes out of biz) is like taking Zig and Zag off The Den, it just doesn't work!:confused:
    If you don't go.....it means I won't have to feel ashamed of myself for giving in to it:o

(by the way...this is my first post here...so I hope I'm not chucked off already cos I don't know whats what:rolleyes:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

:DWell done!!!! DON'T GO!!!!!...
    it is great for shopping...meeting people...blah blah blah, but it isn't REALLY Dundrum:mad:, they should have called it something else(!) OR built it kind of the same as the old (only new) (!)
    I'm from around there:D and the driver of the bus that used to take me to school would always say stuff like 'why don't you move' or 'where is this place' (more than once)....but even so, it was sooooooo nice there and everyone was polite and helpful, it was relaxing and had such a community spirit about it......plonking that tub of concrete down and calling it "Dundrum" (while the rest (and the real) Dundrum goes out of biz) is like taking Zig and Zag off The Den, it just doesn't work!:confused:
    If you don't go.....it means I won't have to feel ashamed of myself for giving in to it:o

(by the way...this is my first post here...so I hope I'm not chucked off already cos I don't know whats what:rolleyes:)

You're not going to get "chucked off" but please pay attention to the topic of the thread. This thread is about a restaurant, not the shopping centre. Thanks.

Advertisement