Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand and the 4870

Options
  • 20-09-2008 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Having been keeping my eye on the threads here, the time has finally come for an upgrade. Going to go with Hardwareversand but I'm having problems finding the 4870 in the PC configurator. It just simply isn't there as an option. I've tried picking another board thinking that might be a problem but I still won't list it, only the 4850.

I might be missing something incredibly obvious but can anyone suggest a solution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

hey try clicking on later for picking cpu and motherboard etc, pick the graphics card first it lists them all

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Cheers Moosejam, so I take it that it's a glitch on the site then? Just was worried the the motherboard wouldn't be able to handle it etc. Was going for one around 50-60 which I presumed would be fine. If you have any recommendations it would be even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

If you are looking for a recommendation for a good cheap motherboard I'm sure someone will chip in, I'm not up to speed on whats great these days :), I would say though that Hardwareversand does limit what you can pick based on compatibility so what ever motherboard you were going with I'd read the reviews and see if there are any issues with taking a 4870, I can't imagine any though

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Exactly what I was thinking, just want to make sure. It's a long time to wait for something that might not work. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 qtpLOL

This mobo is really nice, has ATI xfire support also.

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=18466&agid=659

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Tillotson

qtpLOL wrote: »
    This mobo is really nice, has ATI xfire support also.

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=18466&agid=659

I'm sorry but that motherboard has been nothing but trouble for me. I sent back the first one to Komplett because it arrived dead, no lights, fans or beeps. In fairness I received a replacement the next week but the network controller regularly crashes, so bad that stuck in an old nic I had lying around. The vdroop is massive - literally over half a volt making it impossible to overclock, unless you feel comfortable sticking +2V through your new processor. Also it seems to be very picky over which ram it'll take though I've been lucky myself. The bios updates have been very poor. Only get this board if you hate life.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Tillotson

Advertisement