Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof Pouch

Options
  • 20-09-2008 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Came across an waterproof pouch (bumbag) in heatons today. It's made of neoprene and has a plastic waterproof sealable pocket on the inside, just clips around your waist.

Thought people might be interested as I never have anywhere to leave my car keys when I go surfing and thought it would be handy for that. Was only €10.50

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I've got one of those, they're dead handy. But I forgot to bring it today, so I improvised by putting my key inside a tobacco pouch, which I put inside a tayto bag, which I put inside the plastic case I got my fins in. Did the trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

best thing I found is a bubbleloc rash vest

http://www.surf-uk.org/html/bubbleloc1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

I'm after ordering a padlock from ebay looks good its a numerical lock which opens u can put ur keys cards and money in it lock it up and lock it on to car looks like a great job it cost e30 should get it tues will let u know how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Keypod - They're fairly decent but when you're locking it to the car you should still put it out of sight (i.e - Not on the hitch) otherwise you're just advertising that your keys are available.

yeah I checked under the car found a bar that I can conect it to. I def not puting it on the door handle!!like they advertise....could imagine ariving up from a surf and a q of people trying to guess the code!haha

• Advertisement

hey got the mooncode keysafe today:D great job about the size of a hand in lenth easy to use id recommend it. well worth e30 u can get em off ebay or shaggaholic.co.uk. no more hiding key!!! yippee:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭badolepuddytat

Bubbleloc rash vest looks pretty cool, would bumbag type thing not be really awkward and keep you from lying comfortably on your board? Don't have a key compartment on my new leash so was thinking of buying some velcro and sewing on a pocket, will have a goo at my rashies and see if I could do something secure and comfy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

would bumbag type thing not be really awkward and keep you from lying comfortably on your board?

Never thought of that, although I could put the pouch to the back, so it wouldn't be in the way.

Never thought of that, although I could put the pouch to the back, so it wouldn't be in the way.
    Can't see it staying put after a wipeout, might be more annoying than it's worth but good luck! If its dainty enough would it fit under your suit towards the back? Could look a bit suspicious though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Bubbleloc rash vest looks pretty cool, would bumbag type thing not be really awkward and keep you from lying comfortably on your board? Don't have a key compartment on my new leash so was thinking of buying some velcro and sewing on a pocket, will have a goo at my rashies and see if I could do something secure and comfy :)

The bubble loc is tried and tested, and secure - right tool for the right job

Worries about sewing velcro etc, do that on your leash, kiss the key goodbye.
    As for on the vest - the bubbleloc is very secure, with a padded secure pouch.
    My worry would be from a home made pouch would be contents working their way lose

• Advertisement

Zuiderzee wrote: »
    The bubble loc is tried and tested, and secure - right tool for the right job

Worries about sewing velcro etc, do that on your leash, kiss the key goodbye.
    As for on the vest - the bubbleloc is very secure, with a padded secure pouch.
    My worry would be from a home made pouch would be contents working their way lose

Haven't been able to get in the water much lately but as I have a van to get changed in (woohoo!) I don't really fancy getting down to my rashy in the open air to get my keys. Am thinking a new leash is the handiest, haven't had time to look at my new one to see if I could stitch something onto it.

Advertisement