Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

opel corsa

Options
  • 20-09-2008 6:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

my best friend is looking at getting a 03 corsa 1.0. he will be pulling a trailer with a ride on lawnmower in it. will this be sufficient enough or should he go a bigger car and engine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Not a hope, i've been in one that struggles with 3 passengers. Tell your friend to get himself a diesel, preferably a turbo diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

my best friend is looking at getting a 03 corsa 1.0. he will be pulling a trailer with a ride on lawnmower in it. will this be sufficient enough or should he go a bigger car and engine.

I didn't like pulling more than 3 passengers when I had mine. Fine if he's not in a hurry and somehow immune to travelling on 100km/h roads.

A Hiace is the best idea for him.

Edit: Beaten to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It would be within the manufacturers towing capacity for the 1.0 Corsa, but not to be recommended.

He'd be as well off putting the Corsa up on the trailer and towing it with the lawnmower

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It would be within the manufacturers towing capacity for the 1.0 Corsa, but not to be recommended.

He'd be as well off putting the Corsa up on the trailer and towing it with the lawnmower

that made laugh actually

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

that made laugh actually

It's true though.

I remember bringing a Fiat Sciencto 1.0 Litre up the strawberry beds with a full keg of beer in the back.

Went a bit like,

"Ok I'll just drop to 3rd........ maybe I would be better in 2nd...... Nah 1st is the way forward....... oh dear......"

As previously suggested. A Turbo Diesel is the man for the job. You can drive it with the lawnmower and when you get to where you want to be go and chop down some tree's and spit on the ground and burp and do other manly things like that !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

my mate has a Vivaro (Renault Trafic type van) with 2 ramps, he can drive the lawnmower into the back of the van and it's securely locked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

colm_mcm wrote: »
    my mate has a Vivaro (Renault Trafic type van) with 2 ramps, he can drive the lawnmower into the back of the van and it's securely locked in.

I like his thinking !

That way nobody knows he is a knacker with a lawn mower freshly nicked !

Advertisement