Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD changer for a 01 Almera hatchback

Options
  • 20-09-2008 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hey sorry if this is the wrong forum, just looking for a bit of help! I drive a 01 Nissan Almera hatchback. It only has a radio and tape player, i'd love to get a cd player instead as the wires for my ipod are messy and would just prefer it!

The problem is the centre piece of the dash where the radio is, is all one piece, but there is a space let for where a specific 6 cd changer for the almera can go (according to the manual). So my questions are:

1. Anyone have any idea where i could get one and how much it would cost approx.

2. Or else any other idea how i could get a cd player without ruining my dash!

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭auto electrical

hi there you can change the radio in your car there is an adapter panel available and its actually quite easy to replace it with this part or you can attach a cd changer a phillips rc026 changer is the one you are looking for it was used in the almera and also in the opel astras from the late nineties early noughties and also was used in a good few different rovers any of the ones that had the display seperate to radio so you shouldn have too much trouble finding one

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yup, it looks like this:

b_K752.jpg

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/images/shop/large/maystar/b_K752.jpg

I'd recommend you get a headunit that has Ipod intergration. I got a great Sony one in Argos for around €150, it controls the functions of the ipod through the headunit buttons and displays track info etc.

I don't know if there's a headunit out there that supports your factory steering wheel remote control, Blaupunkt do one for the Almera Tino, don't know if that's the same as the regular Almera, Connects2 don't do anything for Nissan....

EDIT: This may be of use:
    http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/nissan-stalk-control-p-1535.html

Autoelectrical: isn't the standard CD changer a Clarion unit?

nearly sure on a 01 it was the phillips unit but im open to cerrection J. (Auto Electrical Concepts)

not to worry, I was under the impression that the old model Almera had Phillips, and the newer 00 on model had a coded Clarion unit. I may be wrong though!

Fair play for putting up the pic of the panel i was just looking for one to post nice easy installition in these pull off one panel and undo six screws and all the old stuff is out of your way with the correct panel and loom adapter you can be done and dusted in ten minutes J. (Auto Electrical Concepts)

• Advertisement

As far as headunits go the best value out there at the moment is the SONY mex bt2600 Radio/cd/bluetooth/mp3 and if your phone has ad2p you can stream your music from your phone through the radio kinda cool J. (Auto Electrical Concepts)

Agreed, I'm pretty sure Hyundai Ireland are fitting this headunit to all their cars lately.

looks like this?
    CB4_1059572_4_325173.jpg

Would prefer if it came with an Ipod connector aside from the 3.5mm input on the front

yeah kinda like that i think the one in the santa fe's is the mex 2500bt not sure what the difference is but you can have full ipod control through the bus audio there is a connects2 lead for them none too expensive either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭eamonntheviking

Where would I go about picking up one of those sony head units?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fazer6

auto electrician, i have a 99 seat alhambra, could i do a straight swop for the sony mex bt 2600 with the existing radio/cassette unit, which i think may be a ford unit, and would i need a wiring harness too?

the sony unit would suit my needs just fine.

regards.

fazer6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

Thanks a million for all your answers! was giving up hope... basically caus i didn't know what i was looking for :D i'll look into them, thanks again!

sorry been too busy to get back those sony unit are available in most in car audio dealers personaly i would get it in "Auto Electrical Concepts" surprise surprisebiggrin.gif located in galway but can do the mail order thing give me a shout autoelectricalconcepts@yahoo.com or 0871376173

in relation to the 1999 seat alhambra yeah it should just swap straight in with a ford harness and an areil adapter J.(Auto Electrical Concepts)

those Sony headunits are available in Argos, take out the cheap 3 year breakages insurance on it and you'll have peace of mind against it malfunctioning as well.

Argos seem to be the cheapest this side of ebay.

Advertisement