Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old pirate friend

Options
  • 20-09-2008 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I met an old pirate friend of mine in the pub last night, I hadn't seen him in years and he had a few injuries: he had a hook for a hand, a wooden leg and an eye patch. we got our drinks and started catching up. eventually I couldn't resist so I said "John, you have to tell me, how did you end up with a wooden leg?"

"aaaar" he says "two years ago we was sailing on the high seas in the middle of a storm, the wind was so strong it blew one of the masts down and it fell on me, breaking my leg, and nothing else, thank God. I had to get it removed and got this as a replacement" and he tapped the wooden leg with his hook.

"I see" I said "and erm, what about the hook? what happened to your hand?" "ah yes" he said "I was doing a spot of fishing a few months ago and when I was pulling in the lines a shark came along, no wonder looking for some fish, and he got my hand. bit it clean off he did. I got the hook to replace it".

"Christ!" I said "you've really been through the works, and dare I ask, what happened to your eye" "... aye" he said, looking a little bashful "I was on the docks there a few weeks back and some bird shít got in my eye"

"bird shít?" I said "how did that take your eye out?"

"yarrr, I was still getting used to the hook"

Comments

Advertisement