Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

your veiws on best 7 seater

Options
  • 20-09-2008 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

hi every one, my family is jus goin 2 grow by 1 more and im lookin to get a 7 seater. jus wan 2 no wat u think is the best 7 seater, price and why.

thanx wayne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

depends on a few factors

How much do you have to spend?
    How big does this 7 seater need to be?
    Do you need a diesel engine?
    Is the age of the car important to you?
    Do you need 7 seats AND a boot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Best at what.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭wayne riley

colm_mcm

How much do you have to spend? around e20000
    How big does this 7 seater need to be? big enough 2 carry fam of 6
    Do you need a diesel engine? like a hdi, but dosent matter as long as it gets good mpg
    Is the age of the car important to you? not 2 old
    Do you need 7 seats AND a boot? i would prefare 7 seats and boot.

wayne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

the nicest 7 seater i have drove is a ford galaxy! i found that others such as hyundai and seat are sluggish and heavy to drive! not nice at all...

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

From personal experience I have had two Seat Alhambras dsl, first one bought new in 99 90bhp and is still in the family. Only ever been in the garage for service, brilliant car.
    Bought 05dsl 130bhp new and same story, great car, just a bit hard on front tyres.
    Have 5 kids, so being able to take out all the seats for cleaning is a big advantage. Good fuel consumption but not a lot of space behind the 3rd row of seats, but seats not in use can be removed for extra space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Based on what you've said my recommendation would be the Mitsubishi Grandis or Ford Galaxy. the Grandis comes with either a 2.4 MIVEC engine (not recommended!) or the 2.0 TDI engine from the new VW Passat mated to a 6 speed gearbox. it has 7 seats and a boot, and they generally come very well equipped.

The Galaxy tends to be more expensive, and for your budget you're looking at the old model, in which case the SEAT Alhambra and VW Sharan are also worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

renault espace is def worth a look realy big inside also vw sharon is good 2

Advertisement