Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue microphones

Options
  • 20-09-2008 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Anyone else tried them? I borrowed the Blueberry a while back and can honestly say it blew me away (no pun intended :-. It sounded so warm and smooth while still having lots of presence. Beautiful sounding and the mic I'd like above all others that Ive tried (and can remember!). It's a bit expensive but at the same time if you like a tool that much can you afford not to have one?!

They're a few years old now so there may even be some used bargains out there (let me know if you see one)!

Anyone seen them in Ireland anywhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Got some great results with a Bluebird. Good for rock vocals, nice lookin' piece of kit too. Also great value for a sub €250 microphone. A must!

bluebluebirdpopscreen.l.jpg

I also own a Blue Ball. Amazing mic for electric Guitars. Like a SM-57 or a 421 on steroids. I love it 'cause it looks like something you'd find in the bathroom. It's a large diaphragm dynamic, that uses phantom power for an isolating internal pre-amp. This means it has a pretty steady frequency response when used with a large range of pre-amps, unlike a lot of dynamic mics.

blue-ball-electric.jpg

I'd love to give the Blue Bottle a go though! €3,000? hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

studiorat wrote: »
    Got some great results with a Bluebird. Good for rock vocals, nice lookin' piece of kit too. Also great value for a sub €250 microphone. A must!

bluebluebirdpopscreen.l.jpg

I also own a Blue Ball. Amazing mic for electric Guitars. Like a SM-57 or a 421 on steroids. I love it 'cause it looks like something you'd find in the bathroom. It's a large diaphragm dynamic, that uses phantom power for an isolating internal pre-amp. This means it has a pretty steady frequency response when used with a large range of pre-amps, unlike a lot of dynamic mics.

blue-ball-electric.jpg

I'd love to give the Blue Bottle a go though! €3,000? hmmm.

Any chance I could swing by and give them an eist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

frobisher wrote: »

Baby blue is 500 and sounds cool and the blue bird is a beast too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

frobisher wrote: »

The blue bird's not mine, but you'd be welcome to get your hands on... oh forget it!

Yeah, I'm in the studio every day 'cept tuesday. Drop by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

• Advertisement
Advertisement