Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Though Eircom League Officiating Is Bad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Sweet Jesus, that must be the worst of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Although I havent seen it,from what I read of it,it doesnt sound as horrible as some of the decisions in the South American leagues.If ye really want to see bad refereeing and huge player fights,watch that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Found it.

Check this out:D

SantryRed wrote: »

That was actually one of the incidents I had in my head when I posted first.There are also a load more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What do you expect the Ref was a woman :P

Thought the linesman in the Liverpool game was bad until i read that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

This deserves a thread of it's own. Farcical decision today in the Watford Reading game.

Should be sacked:mad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7614022.stm
    Found it.

Check this out:D

I've seen worse at the Cross.

Does anyone have a link to it?

Pure Cork wrote: »
    I've seen worse at the Cross.

Seriously?

I doubt it. This is the worst footballing decision I've ever heard of.

At least in South America you know it's all corrupt.

Reading knew it wasn't a goal either. Annoyed me the way they started CELEBRATING.

Supposedly the referee is being bigged by the Referees Association as the next big thing. He's only 24. So no doubt the lino will take the full blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Paul Devlins goal that wasnt given against Bray and the goal Drogheda were given against us despite being nowhere near the line are just as bad as the Watford one.

That Drogheda one actually. That was pretty bad :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

If the ref who sent Terry off last week got demoted to League 2 the poor ref in that game will be lucky to get a Sunday league game. (Ref is ultimately at fault?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I honestly believe that there should be serious disciplinary measures for such an idiotic decision. If anyone in any other field performed such a gross incompetency, they'd probably be sacked. He definitely shouldn't be protected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

titan18 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to it?

Not until after midnight, when either Sky show it or it will be on ITV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Should be sacked:mad:

Jayus that is unbelievable, I agree sacking is necessary here big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Watching Sky Sports at the moment and while they didn't have a video, they showed a picture of the ball about 3/4 feet right of the goalpost being volleyed clear. Complete joke really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I assume the linesman was at the opposite side to where the ball went out? I can understand a mistake there. He's probably on the line and looking across, sees the ball past the line and assumes its gone in. Where it falls apart is with the ref. He has to be following the play and sees the ball never went near the goal so the linesman got it wrong.

quick consultation where the linesman says " yeah it went over the line". then the ref says " it did but it was the goal line, it was about 5 yards wide" lino: "fair enuf, goal kick" issue resolved. Not this ****e though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

tbh, this is a FIFA problem. they've created the current system where referee's are completely dependent on the linesmen, and only the linesmen. What we've seen today is one of the more spectacular examples of easy it is for this line of communication to break down, and the costs it can incur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Take a page out of the gaa book and have a whitecoat at both posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Stekelly wrote: »
    I assume the linesman was at the opposite side to where the ball went out? I can understand a mistake there. He's probably on the line and looking across, sees the ball past the line and assumes its gone in.

I assumed the same but no, it was the same side, to make it worse its the Reading striker trying to keep the ball in play, the lino thought a Reading player was trying to clear the ball???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Trilla wrote: »
    Take a page out of the gaa book and have a whitecoat at both posts

4 extra officials at every ground or 2 extra cameras? I know which I'd choose.

bohsman wrote: »
    I assumed the same but no, it was the same side, to make it worse its the Reading striker trying to keep the ball in play, the lino thought a Reading player was trying to clear the ball???

Fair enough. Retarded it is.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Steve Coppel has said he is open to a replay if the League deem it neccessary.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

the referee has also been cleared of any blame over this incident. seems it will be the linesman and the linesman alone who will take the brunt.
    Professional Game Match Officials Board (PGMOB) assistant referees' manager Paul Rejer told Watford's website: "It appears a mistake has been made.

"It will be reviewed by us. If it is a serious error, he will regret it.

sounds like he's going to be in for it.

Advertisement