Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Irish ACCA and work abroad

• 20-09-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hey fellow trainees and accountants!

I am studying ACCA in Dublin and so doing the Irish Tax and Law.

But I would love to live abroad, e.g. the UK or Australia.

Has anyone worked abroad and still done their Irish exams?

1. Would I need to do home-study in the UK and travel back to Ireland to sit the exams?

2. Would a UK firm be willing to pay for me to sit Irish ACCA exams?

3. Would a UK firm bother to hire me knowing that I am studying Irish Tax and Law??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

What's your long term plan? Are you going to go working in the UK short term, but want to move home to Ireland mid to long term?

You should be able to take Irish exams wherever you want. As for your UK employer paying for you to tax Irish exams - put yourself in their position.

Say some emigrant was working for you and wanted to take his home country's exams what would you do? Would you hire someone that is already planning the move home?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gibbins123

Not sure where I want to be long term. I could stay in the UK for 5 or ten years... I don't know.

Sure my current employer doesn't ask anything about my acca exams other than did I pass. I fill in all the forms. For all they know I could be doing UK Tax and Law right now!

Isn't there an option of doing Global Tax and Law? Think I remember the option being there when I first registered with ACCA. But this option isn't in my college..

Advertisement