Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help getting BBC Radio?

• 20-09-2008 11:18pm

Is there any way I can get the BBC radio channels over here? I have read about internet radios but is there a more traditional way? Someone mentioned shortwave radios to me but someone else told me they won't work....does everyone use internet radios? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Aquavid

You'll get BBC R4 over most of Ireland on longwave (198) and it can be heard well during the daytime on 720Khz mediumwave in the northeast. North of Dublin Airport you can pick it up on 96.0fm.

BBC Radio 5 Live can be picked up in poor quality over most of the country on 693/909khz mediumwave - which one is better changes from minute to minute.

Apart from being able to pick up the other stations close to the border, or in high spots along the east coast, it's internet, Sky, or nothing I'm afraid.

Aquavid

http://steveconway.wordpress.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Have you got sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

I have listened for years now through NTL on the FM connection point beside the TV connection point on the little white box on the wall via my stereo

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Satellite, NTL, Internet radio all do it (just beware that sports rights sh1te mean internet radio won't work for restricted rights material - ie premier league and ryder cup).

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

ALL BBC stations are on Satellite

11.954H 27500 2/3

• Advertisement
Advertisement